Big Gun ordered- check this price out

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Default RE: Big Gun ordered- check this price out

iowaguy,

Try right here for an almost step by step procedure for updating the carb. Shows all the steps that must be to to access it, mod it and put it all back together once again.

It's all KLX250s, which makes it even sweeter!

Hope this helps.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

I was just dancing around the net checking exhausts out and prices and found this place called motorcycleparts.biz and they had several big gun exhausts. the klx 300 EvoX system was $390.00. I quickly snatched it up since that was the cheapest I've seen it. Total with shipping was $412. Yeah extremely high for a motorcycle system, but cheaper than what I've seen others pay on here. So, what must I do to put this pipe on? Should I rejet immediately? Or is it just okay to put on the different airbox intake for a while and rejet later. I don't want to tear into that carb right off the bat. How hard is it to get to the jets, needle and drilling the slide? Can it be done without removing the carb? I'm pretty stoked that my bike will actually sound like one of those loud obnoxious cow sounding 4-strokes now. Is a new air filter needed or is that necessary? Thanks. Travis
I would strongly recommend you DO NOT open the airbox with rejetting the carb. The bike is already too lean from the factory. Add more airflow in and out without more fuel and you're asking for trouble.

It's easy to rejet (check the sticky threads up top here). It can be done without removing the carb but it's harder. Just pull it out and work on it at your bench.

No new airfilter needed but a new snorkle is (or just pull the snorkle all together, your choice).

Old 05-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Iowaguy - did they have the exhaust in stock? Also, are you sure it is for both the silencer and the head pipe and not just the silencer? I'm trying to get through to a person ther but I just get a busy signal.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:56 AM

im sure it's the complete system. i dont know if big gun even list a slip on for the klx.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:09 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klxstiffler

im sure it's the complete system. i dont know if big gun even list a slip on for the klx.
Yeah, that's my guess too, but I wanted to double check since I was considering a purchase. I had tried to call and find out but their line was busy and I couldn't get through so I though maybe Iowaguy had confirmed it already. But if it was a silencer-only, I would expect that to be cheaper than $390 since a head pipe is not usually so cheap to make up the price difference to the full system typical price of $430. That would make the head pipe only around $40 when usually they are 3 or 4 times that. This would make it an awefully expensive silencer-only. But I don't think this is the case - I think it's just a darn good price for the Big Gun full system. Didn't mean to alarm you ... sorry!

Old 05-10-2006, 11:39 PM

Hey guys, just talked to the guy at motorcycleparts.biz and he said it would be a few weeks before they get them in. He said try and do it online, so I did. I didn't buy from there, would have been like 460 something because of 70 bucks for shipping. Must have did something wrong.
I went to bikebandit.com, found the big gun evo x. for 437.96 with shipping.
It picked it for a 2005 klx 300, is that right?
Bike Bandit part # 3426542-574007

I wouldn't think the year would make much difference, whether it would be 05,04,03,02, whatever. Am I off on this?

Old 05-11-2006, 02:28 AM

no. your good the years are the same