Big Gun Limited Warranty --> WTF?!??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Big Gun Limited Warranty --> WTF?!??

Since it took 2 months for Big Gun's "Customer Management" department to resolve my mislabeled pipe problem, I was wondering what potential financial impacts their incompetence may cause, since they used up 1/3 of my warranty period. Below is a excerpt from their warranty page (http://www.biggunexhaust.com/warranty.php). I've underlined a couple interesting parts that I thought were hilarious and wanted to share with everyone:

BIG GUN EXHAUST SYSTEMS LIMITED WARRANTY

Your Big Gun Exhaust Systems product is warranted against defects for material and workmanship for six (6) months from date of purchase from Big Gun Exhaust Systems, as well as from any authorized Big Gun Exhaust Systems dealer, distributor or exporter (the "Warranty Period"). During the Warranty Period, we will replace your defective exhaust system without charge for parts and labor. To make a claim under this Warranty Period, contact Big Gun Exhaust Systems directly at 909-948-7029 and speak to the Warranty Department. Our representatives will give you the proper instructions as well as a Return Authorization number for the return of your warranted product. All warranty services require that you provide by mail or fax a valid receipt to evidence proof of purchase and the date on which your product was purchased. The Big Gun Exhaust Warranty is void without proof of purchase. Warranty services do not include shipping costs to and from Big Gun. All other warranties expressed or implied, are hereby excluded. This Warranty shall be void if exhaust has been mounted on vehicle and run or it is determined that any alleged defect is the result of misuse, neglect, abuse or modification of the product. In addition, the following items are expressly excluded from the Warranty: ...

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but basically what they're saying boils down to this:

We are fairly confident that our products won't fall apart as long as they're sitting on the shelf, but all bets are off if you actually try to use our products.

Am I missing something, or is this the most lame warranty you've ever seen?!?? [sm=lame.gif]

Mike

(My apologies in advance to anyone who thinks I'm still beating a dead horse -- I'm over the incident, "Caveat Emptor" and all that crap, I'm happy with my purchase, my bike rocks, etc. etc. etc.)

Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Default RE: Big Gun Limited Warranty --> WTF?!??

Mike,

I think if anyone has earned the right to beat this particular horse, it is you. [&:]

That is a funny observation.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:48 AM

Sore that someone dare sully the Big Gun Name?

Give me a break

Old 10-20-2006, 01:35 AM

Why does this guy Iowaguy have such a hard on for BigGun? To each his own dude... It seems Mommy and Daddy didn't teach someone to keep their mouth shut if they don't have anything nice to say...

IMO that warranty statement is BS!

Old 10-20-2006, 02:31 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea good job, stir the pot! ( if your new here, thats a big argument area... exhaust)
ORIGINAL: TheHulk

Why does this guy Iowaguy have such a hard on for BigGun? To each his own dude... It seems Mommy and Daddy didn't teach someone to keep their mouth shut if they don't have anything nice to say...

IMO that warranty statement is BS!

Old 10-20-2006, 05:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice deep breath everyone.

Nice weather here at the moment.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

lol....
ORIGINAL: neilaction

Nice deep breath everyone.

Nice weather here at the moment.

its actually been rainy the past 3 days... hope it clears up, im supposed to go riding with someone from thumpertalk tomorrow....

Old 10-20-2006, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Too bad this forum doesn't have an asshat smiley, because I've needed one on several occasions.
iowaguy=

Quick Reply: Big Gun Limited Warranty --> WTF?!??