Big Gun, FMF, Two Brothers which is better???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry, I did the exhaust after the tail light. (you have to have priorities... looking cool comes first )

Old 07-28-2009, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

none of the above.
Do the KLX300 full system exhaust.

Not as loud and good power.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSBoomerRider
Yeah, I hear what your saying about the P-Bomb. FMF claims it increase's flow up to 10% and I find that hard to believe. I'm sure it might bring the the noise down for sure. But who knows right, don't knock it till ya try it I guess lol
I had the snorkel out and a no-toil filter on mine before. When I put my P-bomb on I also left the lid off my airbox, I noticed a big difference with the two changes. It revs quicker and there is a noticeable vacuume noise from the air box but that is to be expected. I think it was worth the money...

Old 07-29-2009, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

It's been my experience on this forum that which ever one someone buys it is the best one. Mine is a Two brothers. It's the best by far.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol guy
It's been my experience on this forum that which ever one someone buys it is the best one. Mine is a Two brothers. It's the best by far.
I agree, on both accounts!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I went with an FMF PowerBomb and Q4, quiet enough to be stealthy past the neighbors, but sounds absolutely sexy when you make her bark! Airbox suction is much increased with a K&N and snorkel delete, next I have to get rid of the smog crap. Look on Ebay for the FMF, excellent prices!

Old 08-01-2009, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the posts guys!

Yeah I still haven't made my mind on which one I want yet...That's partly because I have no money to spend right now either lol. But it's definitely true on the fact that they are all pretty much the same in quality and I really can't make a wrong choice Which is a good thing I think because I like them all

Does anybody have a a picture of A 09 KLX 250s with a Big Gun set up?

Old 08-01-2009, 07:06 PM

I got a two bros and rejet no air box lid, it was a little loud so I added the P3 tip and removed the spark arestor. Runs great sounds good

Old 04-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Default exhaust warning!!

I've modded my exhaust, and had re-jetted, modded airbox, added a rack,etc. and love my KLX-250s!!! I owned a klr 650 years ago and really wanted something lighter. I knew I was making a horsepower concession, and the little 250 has done nothing but prove to be very sporty and fast. I am quite pleased. Having crossed Death Valley, and done many tucked 90mph
hours on freeways, I might want a little more power, but with three superbikes, I can always make a switch. Anyway,...I digress. I am posting for the simple warning to possible exhaust purchasers. I like Two Brothers equipment. Design is lacking though! It looks and sounds sweet, but has been a thorn in my side so many times, I wish I bought a Big Gun or a Muzzy. The first complaint I have is the improperly done mandrel bend job. Manipulating the junction at the header, and doing everything to properly align, I was forced to gap the rear upper mount, and the side plate mount close to a half an inch in order to not melt the bottom of my airbox. Exhaust wrap, and spacers made this acceptable. The x shaped clamp that accepts the header at the front of my carbon can is supplied with horribly soft bolts, and threaded into poorly conceived aluminum, and since replacing all bolts with superior ss longer units, even successive blue and red locktite treatments have proven ineffective. every 100 miles or so I have to check if they've rattled loose. The spark screen does not fit front or back inverted in or out of can without gapping assembly, and the adaptive cone for db reduction does not fit well either. I will drill the band and eventually install internal bolt cap
assembly and then re- rivet to end this debacle. I do not know if my previous alternate choices are like consructed, but for that amount of money I expect more. Fair Warning.......I will fix and certainly enjoy, looks best, and sounds awesome, good power increase, just a mild headache.