Big Gun, FMF, Two Brothers which is better???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 03:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Big Gun, FMF, Two Brothers which is better???

Hey everyone

I just bought myself a 2009 KLX 250s this past April and I can't get enough of it I haven't done much to it except taking the snorkel off, chopping the stupid whale tail off and adding new set of Renthal handle bars. But it's definitely time to get a new exhaust set up. But the big question is which make. I narrowed down my decision to Big Gun's Evo-R, Two Brothers V.A.L.E M-7 and FMF's Q4.

I was leaning towards FMF but I hear everywhere, problems on installation and parts not even fitting properly. I really would just like an input on which you've all heard had less problems and really which one pumps out more HP and well which is the all around superior muffler and header set up.

Please help before I start spending my money on something that won't even fit like it should or start burning holes in my air box and even melting signal lights lol.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the two brose and No burnt Airbox nor turn signals and sounds real nice,, The Big Gun is also awesome to Just loud lol,, Welcome To KF!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the welcome to KF

Yeah I'm liking the Two Bro's shorter look the long FMF and Big Gun pipes, seems to flow better with the bike. Big guns sound nice for sure but man they are loud and I don't feel like wearing ear plugs when I'm riding the trails lol.

Thanks for the input JRock420.

Cheers!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the FMF Q4 and am very pleased with it. I wanted power, but nothing too loud. I'd wager the 2 Bros. would offer a bit more power, if you don't mind the extra noise.

I have a 2007, though, so hopefully someone can say how the fitment on a 2009 is.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I do find FMF sound the sexiest out of all three Did you get PowerBomb header as well testify4?

Old 07-27-2009, 05:49 PM
1st Gear Member

You might want to consider getting a stock KLX 300 exhuast system off of E-Bay. From what I've read thats the best bang for the buck. I'd like to get a new pipe for my 09 but I really need the bike to be quite. Around here (as in many places) loud bikes = closed trails. Right now one of my favorite places to ride has no "no tresspassing" signs, fences ,or "closed to motorized vehicles" signs, but I don't know if it is legal or not. I figure if nobody knows I'm there nobodys going to bitch about it. No problems so far.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the KLX 250 SF with the Two Brothers, the non carbon one (heard the finish gets messed up cuz of heat). I also put the FMF Power Bomb on it this weekend. (some minor fitment issues, but nothing my Dremel could not handle) I love it and the sound. The PB did quiet the pipe down a little but its still turns heads! They do make a quiet core insert for this pipe, its about 30 to 50 bucks. The pipe does coat my turn signal black because of soot but it does not melt the signal or the air box even though it is almost touching it. Normal bike cleaning solves this problem. Good luck with what ever way you end up going.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

if you dont plan on getting a bigger jug get a slip on so you dont lose your low end. im running a BG with a K&N and no air box lid.. it runs like a raped ape but has the characteristics of a 2 smoke due to no back pressure.. you have to wind the hell out of it to produce power.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

What about the Muzzy? hehehehe

Old 07-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

And don't forget the "BLING"

Name:  Picture_0146.jpg
Views: 1375
Size:  103.1 KB

Quick Reply: Big Gun, FMF, Two Brothers which is better???