Big Gun Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Big Gun Exhaust

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

you guys really do NOT have a clue. and tbh, it's pitiful that you subscribe to each other's reassurances because you're leading each other astray. You both need to research slip-ons over full systems. LOL, do you think RC or any other rider wanting the most out of their bike uses the oem header if they change the muffler? Realistically speaking, if you just want a better sound and a little less weight, then the slip-on is for you. If you want all out horsepower, then you better get a full system.
I can't take your stupidity anymore. It is really too much, outdone only by your stubborness. You cannot reason. Your telling me the 250S header robs more power than the 250S muffler which has an outlet the size of a drinking straw. You are flat out on crack.

In a broader sense, replacing headpipeswill notmake you power, barring any glaring defects from the factory, wihtout costing you elsewhere--it moves it. What a professional, full factory supported racer, with sponsor commitments to run parts out the butt has NOTHING to do with the 250S needing a slip on.

Here is where you reply telling me about your Mustang, DRZ, or fantasy football team for all I know...

Old 07-20-2007, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

KLXer, I'm with you! I ride with a group of KLX250 riders here in Arizona, some have the FMF, Muzzy or Two Brother full exhaust (header and muffler) and some of us have slip-ons, we all share the same gearing and carb mods, all weigh within 25 pounds of each other. We race all the time on the backroads, in dirt and on the street - and basically, nobody can pull away from other guy. You can only get so much out of a 250 and a 1 or 2 horsepower gain from a slightly larger header (or filing down the inside header weld - oh please!) ain't going to do it! The proof is on the pavement - not the research or what the dyno says. Now if you're the same size and weight as a horse jockey - yes, otherwise you are just deluding yourself - wake up and smell the cat food or get a KLX450r dude!

"Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul."

Old 07-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

take that IG [sm=icon_beat.gif]...lol

Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey I like this,LOL I'm off the ig hot seat for awhile but sure to find my way back to it with some smart *ss remark at some point Next I'll be told my 8.1 L. chevy motor has less HP and ft lbs of grunt than a ???????

Old 07-20-2007, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member

LOL! Hey are we having fun yet! Adios from the GRAND CANYON STATE!

"The slowest component of most motorcycles is the rider." -- P. Bonner

Old 07-20-2007, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I do believe we are

Old 07-20-2007, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KLXer

I can't take your stupidity anymore. It is really too much, outdone only by your stubborness. You cannot reason. Your telling me the 250S header robs more power than the 250S muffler which has an outlet the size of a drinking straw. You are flat out on crack.

In a broader sense, replacing headpipeswill notmake you power, barring any glaring defects from the factory, wihtout costing you elsewhere--it moves it. What a professional, full factory supported racer, with sponsor commitments to run parts out the butt has NOTHING to do with the 250S needing a slip on.

Here is where you reply telling me about your Mustang, DRZ, or fantasy football team for all I know...
+1. I'd like to add that I.G. seems to have a fairly short attention span as well. I presented the same drinking straw argument to him awhile back, but he seems to have suffered some sort of amnesia, because he's still presenting a KLX300 argument for a bike with 50cc less displacementand a totally different, way more restrictive muffler.
Let me see, there are dyno figures at the HMF website that show their slip-on producing a 2.5hp power gain, but somehow the headpipe is still where you get the mostgain? I think not. Apply ausable power vs peak hp gain and the argumentfor the slip-on becomes even more convincing.
I wish I.G. would stop lapping-up all of BG's sensational advertising and actually look at all of the data.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Tremor, rock on!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

Old 07-21-2007, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

8.1 is gas

Quick Reply: Big Gun Exhaust