Big gun?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Tommy, welcome to the forums! You must have missed the "New Member area" LOL Oh and I love the Muzzy full system. It can be loud and stealth depending on rpm and gear. ;

Old 05-22-2011, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on wakes the dead, i got mine used, so it might need to be re packed. it is loud, but hey, loud pipes save lives right?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tommy2Boots
Did you notice a REAL change in power or is it all sound? Today i just took snorkle and man that made a big sound change!

Yes, big change in power, sound and driveability. I let the saleman that sold me the bike take it for a spin, (he test rode the bike after assembly when I first bought it) and he almost couldn't believe it was the same bike.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:35 PM

Awesome guys! Thanks for all the advice! I think I am about to pull the trigger on the Big Gun I found a good deal! I will be sure to update with everything once she comes in!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RayTard
It wakes the dead....for sure. Get the full system though if you get it. You wont regret it. I have it on my sf, and it's awesome.
i have the full system also, dont think it is too loud for me (im used to two strokes) ... : )

Old 05-24-2011, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Big gun R

I just got my 09 a month or so ago and it came with the stock pipe installed. It also came with the BG R full pipe ( previously installed) After reading on here about performance mods, etc I decided to stick it back on and WOW.

It is definitely louder! Might be a slight increase in power but nothing too noticeable. I must say though, my bike was already jetted and had the snorkel pulled so its hard to say.

I was a little worried about the neighbors and was about to order the vortex tip, but decided to try the spark arrester insert and it softened it up a bit, not much. Now I am just going to remove the arrester and leave it alone.

Its not unbearable and I think the consensus on here: loud pipes save lives is pretty close to true anyway.

Cheers

Old 05-28-2011, 04:21 AM

Ok guys! I got the ol Big gun! Here is my report!

First off! Slip on my @$$.... BUT with a few bendings and head scraching I got the whole thing to fit!
On the start up.... WOW wake the dead +5 for sure! I LOVE IT! In my short little test ride I was already turning heads and that of corse put a smile on my face *hidden by my helmet now I am 195 and 6'2 not a small guy and I noticed a jump in power like stated before its not like amazing but it is deff noticeable!
now on to the real bad.....
The big gun blew off my turn signal.. this is where I need help yet again! How do I fix this from happening again!
ALL in all I am super happy with it! The turn singnal is a bummer for sure but hey with something this awesome there has to be a drawback right!

Old 05-28-2011, 12:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tommy2Boots
Ok guys! I got the ol Big gun! Here is my report!

First off! Slip on my @$$.... BUT with a few bendings and head scraching I got the whole thing to fit!
On the start up.... WOW wake the dead +5 for sure! I LOVE IT! In my short little test ride I was already turning heads and that of corse put a smile on my face *hidden by my helmet now I am 195 and 6'2 not a small guy and I noticed a jump in power like stated before its not like amazing but it is deff noticeable!
now on to the real bad.....
The big gun blew off my turn signal.. this is where I need help yet again! How do I fix this from happening again!
ALL in all I am super happy with it! The turn singnal is a bummer for sure but hey with something this awesome there has to be a drawback right!
no turn signals for me, not required in VA...