Big Gun "Ceramic Coating"?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Big Gun "Ceramic Coating"?????

even if its just surface rust, and doesnt really get any worse, i would still be unhappy.... awaiting bg's response

Old 03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I can see it being dipped... I guess that's what they mean by "internal external". Wow - I just glossed right over that.
Maybe EMS' pipe was dirty when it was dipped...

Old 03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

now is the whole exhaust 'dipped"/coated, or just the header? the header is in alot better shape than the slip on piece... either way it shouldnt look like that.... just another stupid little thing thats wrong with my bike that pisses me off... along with the ticking..... among other issues....

Old 03-02-2007, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Man, I thought my luck sucked... lol sorry, I shouldn't laugh at your mis-fortune.
That sucks dude, sometimes it feels like the cards are stacked against you.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i think im the only one on here who has had this many "issues" [:'(][:'(] its really starting to disgust me.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

we will wait and see i used thier site to contact them, and i also had the salesmans email still. so i emailed him.

if i could buy a better bike i probably would. but with 5400 miles on mine i wont get even close to what i paid..... [>:]

Old 03-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Well, I have a confession to make. While I really like my KLX after all the big bore and carb upgrades, I made a big mistake last weekend and that was to sit on a KTM 525EXC. Man that bike is sweet and I can't stop thinking about it. But afer much research, I think the KTM 450EXC is the one for me. I've considered the TE's, but upon close examination of the transmission ratios, I think the KTM EXC suits me a bit better. Also, the EXC has a lower compression engine than the TE, which I would consider as a factor in maintenance - higher compression generally means higher mainenance. And another factor is that there are several KTM dealers close by whereas the nearest Husky dealer is about 3 hours away.

So I'm seriously considering ... not because I'm unhappy with the KLX, it's very nice. But because I kind'a just fell in love with the KTM EXC. And most of you have figured out that I'm kind've spontaneous. But if I cannot sell my KLX, I will still be very happy to keep it. I actually finally have some fork springs to put in but I'm holding off until I see how this might turn out.

Pricing a bike like this is hard. Basically I just took the $3660 kelly blue book retail price and discounted all the add-on / upgraded part costs by the same amount as the kelly blue book did from the new bike price and added the two together. I figure that is a reasonable starting point, then let the haggling ensue. I'll take a helluva loss, but it'll be a bigger loss next year after everything depreciates even more.

So if you know anyone who is looking for a loaded KLX with all the most sought after upgrades, let me know.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

But wait, it says "internal external". What is that? Why can't they cut the double talk and just say what it is? Do they mean internal, external, or both? EMS's pipe surely isn't ceramic coated, not if it is rusting like that. Either that, or the coating is so thin, that it has no place on a dirt bike which is made to be ridden off-road in harsh conditions. The KLX ain't no shiny chromed street cruiser, regardless of how some fine folks shine and take care of them - that is their perogative, but one shouldn't have to rub it down with Mother's polish after every ride.
Mothers polish........hmmmmmm thanks for the idea.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

only you deej, only you..... i think its good your in WA, never having a chance to see my bike.... would need an EMT there to bring you back.....

Quick Reply: Big Gun "Ceramic Coating"?????