Big Giant Crash on Hard Packed Gravel/Clay Road!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Default RE: Big Giant Crash on Hard Packed Gravel/Clay Road!!!

ORIGINAL: charleshmosesii

I bent my stock KLX250 bars in a slow low-side when entering cement sideways through a knarled hole that pulled the rear tire out (should have hit that thing straight on, what can i say...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa). It was minor with no damage except for bent bars, I was suprised how easy they bend.

Yes, get aftermarket bars regardless, this is likely inevitable for everyone.

I got the tapered bars (Protaper I think), and now I need to find some bar clamps/risers for tapered bars that fit on the klx. QUESTION: The bar clamps at the jap bike shop had a single screw post for the triple clamp, not double screws like the klx triple clamp has, so that won't work. What bar clamps/risers can I get for the klx that fit tapered bars?
I have some protaper bars on mine and just got the risers made by TAG. these are what I got

and here is the url

http://www.tagmetals.us/mx/productde...p?id=barmounts

and as a side note, I am also 6'1" and the protapers with the risers are perfect for me and don't make me feel like a hunch back when I stand up.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:26 AM

THANK YOU! That looks just the trick.

ORIGINAL: okiswede81

ORIGINAL: charleshmosesii

I bent my stock KLX250 bars in a slow low-side when entering cement sideways through a knarled hole that pulled the rear tire out (should have hit that thing straight on, what can i say...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa). It was minor with no damage except for bent bars, I was suprised how easy they bend.

Yes, get aftermarket bars regardless, this is likely inevitable for everyone.

I got the tapered bars (Protaper I think), and now I need to find some bar clamps/risers for tapered bars that fit on the klx. QUESTION: The bar clamps at the jap bike shop had a single screw post for the triple clamp, not double screws like the klx triple clamp has, so that won't work. What bar clamps/risers can I get for the klx that fit tapered bars?
I have some protaper bars on mine and just got the risers made by TAG. these are what I got

and here is the url

http://www.tagmetals.us/mx/productde...p?id=barmounts

and as a side note, I am also 6'1" and the protapers with the risers are perfect for me and don't make me feel like a hunch back when I stand up.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:35 PM

Thanks guys...those are the bar clamps/risers I'm buying thanks to your info. Dennis Kirk part #581636

Old 10-30-2006, 12:00 AM

Can someone say spaghetti? I bent mine and replaced them with protapers cr high, the bend lend's itself to riding standing up.
Glad you are ok though.

Francis