Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:18 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Old 10-04-2006, 03:22 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Big Bore *****

OK, I guess the DRZ-400 "S" is street legal, I was looking at specs for the DRZ-400 which you mentioned above:

http://www.suzuki-bikes.com/drz400.php

Old 10-04-2006, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't think blue is available in 2006, but it was in 2003, I like the blue a lot better. http://www.4strokes.com/models/suzuki/2002/drz400s.asp

Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Now, if you guys with gearing at 14:49 also do a big bore - how will you keep the front end down? That's my question
I hope its a problem next weekend I plan on installing my 300 big bore kit, Muzzy (soon to arrive) and K&N filter with water resistant air box breater holes and 14:48 gearing vs my current 13:42 setup. If I could lift the front just a little in sugar sand I would be stoked instead of plowing through like a spoon through grits, we'll see. I've got to go to Croom this weekend for some riding with some old college buds. Brian where's that post with pics of your 300cc upgrade.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

That thing's like 30 lbs heavier than our KLX also. Please stop posting the DRZ - I'm not buying a DRZ, I don't wish I would have bought a DRZ, nor am I considering it for a future purchase. I like my overbored KLX just fine, thanks

If I want something more eventually, I will probably be looking at a KTM or Husqvarna TE in the 500cc range. But for now and into the foreseable future, the KLX will do what I want and still be cheaper with mods than either the KTM or TE. And besides, if I had bought the KTM or TE first, I'd probably hurt myself a lot worse than a silly collar bone.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Brian, I think the TE450 would be the next logical step, that 510 power curve looks a little touchy.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:55 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet
I hope its a problem next weekend I plan on installing my 300 big bore kit, Muzzy (soon to arrive) and K&N filter with water resistant air box breater holes and 14:48 gearing vs my current 13:42 setup. If I could lift the front just a little in sugar sand I would be stoked instead of plowing through like a spoon through grits, we'll see. I've got to go to Croom this weekend for some riding with some old college buds. Brian where's that post with pics of your 300cc upgrade.
Wow - with all those mods going in at once, you are going to have nice big boost - I dare say you might not recognize your KLX, it might look like the old KLX, but it sure won't act like it.

Here's that old thread, just don't poke your radiator

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_49288/tm.htm

Old 10-04-2006, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow - with all those mods going in at once, you are going to have nice big boost - I dare say you might not recognize your KLX, it might look like the old KLX, but it sure won't act like it.
I'm not expecting much, perhaps 3 or maybe 4 hp and some low end torque Hopefully afterward I will be able to get the front end to float in sand a little like my buds tricked YZ125. Are you still running a 125 main or did you step up to a 128 or 132?

Edit: Thanks for the link.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

That thing's like 30 lbs heavier than our KLX also. Please stop posting the DRZ - I'm not buying a DRZ, I don't wish I would have bought a DRZ, nor am I considering it for a future purchase. I like my overbored KLX just fine, thanks

If I want something more eventually, I will probably be looking at a KTM or Husqvarna TE in the 500cc range. But for now and into the foreseable future, the KLX will do what I want and still be cheaper with mods than either the KTM or TE. And besides, if I had bought the KTM or TE first, I'd probably hurt myself a lot worse than a silly collar bone.

Dude! Someone woke up on the wrong side of a broken collar bone. LOL Easy big fellow, Don't lash out, is that the meds talking? LOL Just messing man, yea I wouldn't trade my bike for any bike out there. Rock on dude!

Old 10-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm still running a #125 but am considering bumping that up and tweaking the carb while I have it out which is the hard part. But I've not really wanted to mess much with the carb since I've got an entirely different type of carb on order. Had I known in advance it was going to take this long to get it in, I probably would have made some fine adjustments to my settings. The only issue I experience now is a slight stutter at the low throttle in the mid-range when the throttle is steady. As soon as you open the throttle, there is no stutter - it engages right away. I'm not sure the best component to adjust for this, but while I have the carb off and assuming my new carb doesn't arrive before my 330cc kit, I will attempt to tweak it a little.

Quick Reply: Big Bore Whore