Better late than never fall report

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hellwig
Yesterday found an old abandoned golf course with 18 holes worth of twisty, hilly concrete cart path. It was like being at a private track and totally made the the ride!

Ride!

Old 10-05-2011, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Pics of short ride in southeast Texas

The first pic is just of the road but its cool to me cause its sabine lake on the left and the intercoastal waterway on the right.

The rest are of the golf course. Of course the pics dont show all the cool twistys. Was too busy riding to snap shots of those. The buildings are of the backside of downtown Port Arthur, looking from Pleasure Island across the waterway. The rider is my co-worker James on his BRP XR650L.

Dont mean to hijack your thread but you asked!

FOR SOME REASON THE PICS ARE NOT SHOWING IN MY BROWSER. I CHOPPED THEM WAY DOWN TO THE DIMENSIONS IN THE GUIDE USING PAINT. WHAT GIVES? IT ALSO SHOWS THEM WHEN I PREVIEW BEFORE I POST. yeah im a newb, never posted pics b4.

Attached Thumbnails Better late than never fall report-wigride1.jpg   Better late than never fall report-wigride3.jpg   Better late than never fall report-wigride4.jpg   Better late than never fall report-wigride5.jpg   Better late than never fall report-wigride6.jpg  

Last edited by Hellwig; 10-08-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Dunno what gives. Deej put his in photobucket and then probably linked to them using the "insert image" button and the "direct link" url from photobucket. Maybe you tried to insert more than is allowed in one message because thumbnails usually work for me, but only tried 2 or 3 at a time.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:52 AM
1st Gear Member

It said the limit was 5 images no larger than x by x pixels not to exceed 90 something kb each and I checked 'em all after resizing. Maybe the paint program is not the way to go. It was a royal p.i.t.a. and took a little time, so thats why I am complaining. Which according to my wife is everything I do since I complain about everything! Oh, and I supposedly look for things with my eyes closed.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Start a photobucket account, I have hundreds of pictures...probably close to 2000, and its so easy to upload and link to here. All you do is copy the "direct link" and come back in here and hit the paste it in that window. Then hit enter and you're golden!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey before you even set up a photobucket account I want you to try a test, go out on the net and find a picture, right click and hit the copy image URL and come back in here and click on that icon and paste it in there. Try that first, that will get you used to how that works, then get the photobucket thing going.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice report Deej!! Really glad you got out into the great outdoors. We are so lucky to have it right in our backyard!!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice report and great photo's. Thanks for taking us a long.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

OK Deej and anyone else who cares, you can find my pics here: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...ad-test-36648/

I posted in my test thread so as not to further contaminate your awesome thread!

Thanks a million for all your help.

Last edited by Hellwig; 10-07-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like some nice scenery and fun roads! Good stuff!

Quick Reply: Better late than never fall report