Best sites '09 for KLX250S upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Question Best sites '09 for KLX250S upgrades?

Well I just signed on the line for an '09 KLX250S, and I need some help finding upgrades for it. This is a second bike for me, my other being Bandit 1200 - most custom parts I have to get from the UK, and I'm not finding much for the '09. Mostly looking for skid plates and an oversize tank (not the KLX300 hack mod thanks) but I haven't found a tank yet. My gf is going to be riding this bike most of the time, it's kind of a first bike for her more than a second for me, so power upgrades aren't needed - yet. I know twistedthrottle.com has barkbusters vps, I have them on my Bandit and they will definitely be on the KLX (with new bars of course). Sorry if this was long winded, and thanks in advance!

Old 07-12-2009, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/index....roducts_id=111 The 09 is also an 08 so don't let that throw ya.

http://www.utahsportcycle.com/cgi-bi...ductsearch.cgi
Search for klx250s you'll find it.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Here's what I found in my late night caffeine induced searching:
Works Connection Rear Caliper Guard
LightSpeed Carbon Fiber Frame Guards
Unabiker Radiator Guards
Wheeling Cycle Supply
B&B Cycle
TurboCity Racks and Bags
So far I ordered Unabiker radiator guards, I will be ordering B&B's skid plate as well. Trying to decide on which bend Renthals to go with, and which grips. Then I'll get Barbusters VPS from TwistedThrottle.com. Enjoy!

Old 07-12-2009, 06:45 PM
1st Gear Member

The stock bars do suck and need to be swapped out but as far as the bend goes if you think the bars are too low there are bare risers out there that will raise the bar about an inch. I got mine from Pit Posse but they're all pretty much the same.
http://www.pitposse.com/ourabiunbarr.html
No need for longer cables. The risers just bolt up to the triple clamp.
I just broke my oil filter cover so I might go after that cover they have. Thanks for the link.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh and ther Utah skidplate is half of the one Bill has.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

And here are some sweet risers for your new bars.
http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...?subcat_id=268

Old 07-13-2009, 01:20 PM
1st Gear Member

No the 09 is not an 08 that Clarke tank doesn't fit without major funkyness (IMO that mod is uglier than Diane Feinstein). As of yet no one makes a turn key larger tank for an 09. I believe Bill Blue (really Bake) is cooking up an auxillary tank for the 09 that mounts behind the left rear side pannel, they already have one for the earlier models. It's capacity is I think around 1.1 gal. I wish either IMS,Acerbis or Clarke would make one for the 09. Back in October 08 I contacted all three manufacturers. IMS and Acerbis said that they had no intention of making one. The guy I talked to at Clarke at that time said they might think about it, but apparently since then they have decided not to. I don't know if Bake has the 09 tank ready to go or not yet.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Well Bill Blue's skidplate hasn't been tested for fit on an '09 yet, but he should be finding out soon. So far I ordered the Unabiker rad guards, Renthal red/silver Carmichael bend bars, Pro Grips triple Density 791 grips, went with black Acerbis Rally Pro guards over the Barkbusters, carbon fiber frame guards, Edge smoked led tail light assembly, aluminum throttle tube, and red axle blocks. Still need a skidplate but not sure I need bar risers yet.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the wallet sponge, uh, I mean, welcome to the forum!!

Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Well today I picked up the bike with zero miles on it, has about 40 now, and 10 or so are off road. First impression "Hmmmm, there's no power here" but that quickly changed to "Wow this little bike is a ton of fun" as soon as I hit dirt. I was just too used to my Bandit, and haven't been on a dirtbike in a couple years. When I got close to home I decided to check out the old trails, but I was very depressed to find Posted signs and new construction in what used to be great riding locations. So I managed to find some ways around and new trails, and some gnarly mud holes that I remembered, all rutted out from Jeeps and such as they always were. This little bike had no problem going anywhere, and I went up (and down) some nasty hills I didn't expect to come across. Over roots, through mud, some rocks, hard packed dirt, soft dirt, and sand. These tires hate deep sand, the only thing that made the bike squirrely. I had one hell of a time today!