Best LED turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Best LED turn signals?

New (to me) '06 KLX250S and looking for some smaller-than-stock front & rear LED turn signals that will A) bolt on to the stock locations, and B) use the stock bullet connectors. Is there such a thing?

Thanks!

Last edited by TrailCruiser; 01-18-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

All I know is that you need to fit a resistor to the LED signals if they don't come with one fitted. Most of the new ones I've seen have them installed now. Try Oxford Products, they have a large range of products.

Check these out!

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3...id=26&pid=0&p=

Last edited by WestOzKLX; 01-19-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Actually I suppose they don't have to be LED, just something small, still visible, and fits stock mounts/connectors. I see Oxford has a full line of "mini" and "micro" signals.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Got some of the minis sitting on a shelf in the garage. Haven't fitted them up yet. It's summer, no time for that stuff.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

In europe most street legal bikes and ATVs (yes, streetlegal ATVs/Quads) with the
signals below, my first mx bike (motohispania furia) came with them, bright, not to
big and very flexible, i had at least 8-10 crashes they never broke.

Amazon sells them cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/TURN-SIGNAL-KI...335287&sr=8-15

Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Name:  IMG_6411.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  62.0 KB
Here ya go, my fav for front blinkers anyway. Pretty stealth, they blend right in and can't see em until I turn them on really. Flexable too. They come with a resistor to slow down the flash to compensate for the led's.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member

i would recommend the bikemaster mini-stalks- the ones that arnt LED. i have the incandesent (sp?) ones and they are just as bright as my buddy's w LEDs- minus the stupidly fast blinking...

Old 01-19-2009, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dirt_beaver
i would recommend the bikemaster mini-stalks- the ones that arnt LED. i have the incandesent (sp?) ones and they are just as bright as my buddy's w LEDs- minus the stupidly fast blinking...
Rear replacements can be small but the front must be of a certain length to stick out from behind the front shield. Anyone know what length is needed?

From what I'm gathering if I go with LEDs I'll need a different flasher relay, correct?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TrailCruiser
Rear replacements can be small but the front must be of a certain length to stick out from behind the front shield. Anyone know what length is needed?

From what I'm gathering if I go with LEDs I'll need a different flasher relay, correct?
I don't think that's correct. I think you just have to get the LED blinkers with a resistor in the line. Most of the new models already have them and blink at the normal rate.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
I don't think that's correct. I think you just have to get the LED blinkers with a resistor in the line. Most of the new models already have them and blink at the normal rate.
It's an either/or type of thing. If you install a solid stated flasher, you don't need to worry about using a resistior for each LED signal you install. The solid state flasher also works with both the normal and LED lights.

Quick Reply: Best LED turn signals?