Bent my handlebars. What should I Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Bent my handlebars. What should I Buy?

ORIGINAL: warski

I wasn't correcting you, while you were typing I was looking up the link. Like you, I paid $24.99 for mine...
Its all good.... I thought thats what I paid $24.99 But when you posted the priceI was like Hmmm... I must have paid $27 too..But even at $27 bucks therehard to beat..I also use the tusk hand guards..

Name:  IMG_0271.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0270.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  102.8 KB

Old 03-24-2008, 04:17 PM

Did anyone have to drill an alignment for the throtle like the stock bars have?

Old 03-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

just cut the tabs off the plastic controls so you can put them anywhere... and if you crash they will spin instead of break.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

just cut the tabs off the plastic controls so you can put them anywhere... and if you crash they will spin instead of break.
+1

Old 03-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I know I don't have my bike yet, but these handlebars are very appealing and I'm tempted to buy before I get the new KLX. I like them cuz they're cheap and look pretty stout and you don't pay for the name like with more expensive bars. But can anyone tell me the difference between the mid, low, and high bends? What part of the bar are they talking about, the height from the bottom up orthe angle to which the ends are bent up? What is closest to stock? I don't have a very wide wingspan , so what would fit me best? I've always been an oem kind of guy except once I boughtsome answer alumilites back in '92 when I bent my oem KX bars. I don't remember what bend they were though. thx

Old 03-24-2008, 08:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I am on my 2nd set of Tusk bars, if they bend as easy as the first[:@](it was a hard fall) I'm going to buy somthing stronger
as it is..... lucky for me a friend is giving me his (kx high bends) for nothin'
Me likey free!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

I know I don't have my bike yet, but these handlebars are very appealing and I'm tempted to buy before I get the new KLX. I like them cuz they're cheap and look pretty stout and you don't pay for the name like with more expensive bars. But can anyone tell me the difference between the mid, low, and high bends? What part of the bar are they talking about, the height from the bottom up orthe angle to which the ends are bent up? What is closest to stock? I don't have a very wide wingspan , so what would fit me best? I've always been an oem kind of guy except once I boughtsome answer alumilites back in '92 when I bent my oem KX bars. I don't remember what bend they were though. thx
After you get the bike, compare the measurements against the fitment guide that can be found here http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/handlebarinfo.do

Old 03-25-2008, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

See here.
http://www.renthal.com/images/hb-dimensions2.gif

Old 02-07-2009, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Folding Mirrors

Where did you get those folding mirrors. They look like they will take a beating.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Default handlebars

the first time I laid my bike down I bent my bars. So I went down and bought pro tapers. $65.00 you cant go wrong with these. you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: Bent my handlebars. What should I Buy?