Beet oil cooler connections?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 09:42 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Beet oil cooler connections?

What do you think of the hoses just running off the oil filter cover? They don't seem to be directly connected in a way that'd have oil under pressure flowing one way then still under pressure flowing back to the filter area..

More like just allowing an additional volume of oil with some of it finding its way to the cooler?

At over $400 it's way too expensive, but in the event I wanted to make my own, I'm wondering about the connection at the filter

Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Pretty sure the bike doesn't need anything like that . ?? That guy should spend some of that money on new hose clamps.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

and yeah, doesn't look like it would have a "flow" to it the way it is plumbed.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

what the heck is this white thing?

Attached Thumbnails Beet oil cooler connections?-1310471061382l.jpg  
Old 03-07-2014, 01:59 AM
1st Gear Member

If I'm not mistaken those are "sliders" one each side . They are for the super moto crowd and are there to keep the bike off the ground in case you drop it.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:02 AM
1st Gear Member

ah ok thanks, it looked like a skateboard wheel mounted on a rod, lol. Kind of figured it was something like that.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I say change oil more often.....no more needed.

Last edited by fenderworks2; 03-07-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: say
Old 03-07-2014, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah like Dan said, the bike doesn't need it. on an air cooled bike I would say it would be a nice addition but I really don't see the point on a liquid cooled (especially one that runs as cold as the klx) bike.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wildcard
Yeah like Dan said, the bike doesn't need it. on an air cooled bike I would say it would be a nice addition but I really don't see the point on a liquid cooled (especially one that runs as cold as the klx) bike.
Yeah, and with air cooled bikes big fin kits with an oil cooler causes the plug to run cold and you get a ****ty burn.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

First off why would anyone in their right mind put an oil cooler directly behind the front tire on a bike designed to used in an off road world where it can get easily damaged on or off road???????

Second is there really a need for an oil cooler on the 250 or 300??? I feel if it was needed being that the KLX250/300 family of bikes have been around for so long with no changes that Kawasaki would of already addresses the issue by finding a way to make the bike run cooler via design changes in the water cooling or could of went with the approach of using the frame as an oil cooler as is the case with some bikes.

If you did decide to run an oil cooler why not place it in a safer place? If you need a point to mount the cooler lines if you felt the need to install an oil cooler why not use the existing oil cross over pipes that run from the case to the head. These point are already there and they will not make it a pain in the but to chain the oil.

You could do something out of braided stainless steel line and a a proper "T" connector and place the oil cooler is a safer place away from rocks and the like.

Here is a cool design that could be adapted with a little work. This thing is tiny and could be placed out of the way of road and trail trash.

I guess the frame sliders are there so when a rock takes out the oil cooler and all of the oil falls in the path of the rear tire that the bike will not get damaged when the bike crashes in its own oil path.

Sorry I do not use spell check!

Quick Reply: Beet oil cooler connections?