bash plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like my bike after some of my rides. We have the same kind of clay slop up here. Cakes in there and is hard to clear out.
My Utah cleans up just fine BTW.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 PM

Thanks gents... ordering mine today!

Old 09-20-2010, 08:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Got mine from Kawasaki after 4 months of waiting last wednesday.Installation took me aprox. 10 min, perfect fit I can say and it costed 80 euros.Pic's are coming as soon as my home pc is up and running again.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I just ordered the scorpion racing one.

http://scorpionracing.ca/index.php?o...hk=1&Itemid=26

Hope to get it this week.

I'll let you know how bulky the package is and how the install goes.

T

Last edited by tommytuttle; 09-20-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default berkshire dual sport

i beat the sh*& out of my Utah Skid plate this weekend,
And it came out nicely intact. Massachusetts has some HUGE rocks and nasty trails.
I live in New Jersey and ride sand, never rocks,,,,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frSlIT7wxbQ

Yeah, i am the pu55y that walked across, but i had already gone down once and was beat up.

Last edited by GaryC; 09-21-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Love the narration in that vid. Like he said you need good FAHKIN tires for that **** LMAO. I love to try spots like that.
Thanks for posting.
Dan

Old 09-21-2010, 01:27 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

So, I'm watching that video at the beginning and thinking what's so tough about this? And then he walks down to the creek crossing full of boulders, and I think, OK, that's more like it. I can still ride some stuff like that, but I remember during some enduros when that kind of obstacle was about 70 miles into the event when you were tired and your brain was about halfway unplugged. That looks like some great stuff there. I'll bet it was fun. Gary, how many miles was that run? Definitely looks like skidplate territory for sure.

And hey...better to walk it across and get to the end on your bike instead of an EMS unit.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Every time I see video of a bad rock section I get reminded of this one.
Check out the rock garden that start around 1:35... insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSflvyroJ1k

--
Mikko

Old 09-21-2010, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
So, I'm watching that video at the beginning and thinking what's so tough about this? And then he walks down to the creek crossing full of boulders, and I think, OK, that's more like it. I can still ride some stuff like that, but I remember during some enduros when that kind of obstacle was about 70 miles into the event when you were tired and your brain was about halfway unplugged. That looks like some great stuff there. I'll bet it was fun. Gary, how many miles was that run? Definitely looks like skidplate territory for sure.

And hey...better to walk it across and get to the end on your bike instead of an EMS unit.
Day one was 112 miles. This was on day 2. I think it was 84 miles, 3 sections. I almost finished section 2. I waited on the trail for my 2 riding buds until a sweep rider told me one of our guys was taken out with a broken foot. at that time i shortcut back to the camp so i did about 40 ish miles and was beat to ****. Yeah, at that crossing i was huffing pretty good from the section before it. I figured walk it instead of fly out in a chopper.

What you don't know, or didn't until now is:
i am 51 and just recently getting back on the dirt. I haven't had this much fun in 33 years when i sold my 1977 RM125.
you are never too old, just slow down a little, and live to ride another day!!!!

Last edited by GaryC; 09-21-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:46 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GaryC
Day one was 112 miles. This was on day 2. I think it was 84 miles, 3 sections. I almost finished section 2. I waited on the trail for my 2 riding buds until a sweep rider told me one of our guys was taken out with a broken foot. at that time i shortcut back to the camp so i did about 40 ish miles and was beat to ****. Yeah, at that crossing i was huffing pretty good from the section before it. I figured walk it instead of fly out in a chopper.

What you don't know, or didn't until now is:
i am 51 and just recently getting back on the dirt. I haven't had this much fun in 33 years when i sold my 1977 RM125.
you are never too old, just slow down a little, and live to ride another day!!!!
LOL!...no kidding on the age. I'll be 59 shortly, and this stupid KLX has gotten me more into riding the gnarlier stuff I rode when I still had a real dirt bike instead of a water buffalo KLR650.

Quick Reply: bash plate