back to the shop

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: back to the shop

They must have had to really dig into the case to figure that out. Also, it sounds like pretty bum luck - what are the odds of that happening??? Split gear - never heard of that before.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

well atleast you know what the problem is now. hope he calls back with good news. and maybe a reason why this happend..

Old 11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea.... i think im gonna call again today... to see whats up

Old 11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

I had a call Saturday from the service manager at my dealer. He said it looks my top end came apart due to mechanical failure, and they are going to tear the engine down further to inspect the bottom end. He said he would contact Kawasaki on Tuesday and find out if they were going to replace my engine or rebuild it.

I'll keep you posted.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea my service guy was waiting on kawasaki for something... tried calling today, they are on winter hours so now they arnt open on mondays, so ill try to get a hold of the mechanic tomorrow... hopefully they just replace your motor... good luck

Old 11-06-2006, 05:42 PM

That sounds a lot like the KACR is what failed. Did the service manager say anything about the KACR specifically?

Good luck on the resolution to this. I hope you get a new engine out of it. If they opt for the rebuild, you might consider pushing to have your 1-year warranty clock restarted. No reason why you should only get a few months warranty on a newly rebuilt engine. If they are saying that a rebuild is as good as a new engine, then they should stand behind it like a new engine.

Just a thought.

Chris

Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 PM

If they rebuild it, why not find out if you can pay the difference in parts and wind up with a 292 cc motor instead of a 249 cc motor?

Just a thought!

Old 11-07-2006, 05:26 AM
1st Gear Member

You guys are scaring me, I bought the KLX because of low maint. I could have bought a TE250 and had a different bike. Updates please.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

You guys are scaring me, I bought the KLX because of low maint. I could have bought a TE250 and had a different bike. Updates please.
Remember, most forums like this tend to amplify problems. Happens on every bike forum I belong to (and on the HDTV forum I'm on too for that matter). That's because people don't post the "Nothing wrong with the bike today" type of posts very often

This is a bulletproof little bike but even the best of them will have a few examples with problems. Just ride it!

Old 11-07-2006, 06:21 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Eaaaaaaaaassssssy, I think were loosing him, don't panic yet, we have a lot more time to find out what's going on.

Quick Reply: back to the shop