AUS spec KLX250 exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default AUS spec KLX250 exhaust question

Hi all, i have been lurking around here for about a year now but have never registered because i have been able to find all the answers to my questions. however i am looking at purchasing a Two Brothers M7 slip on for my 2007 KLX250 which is the Australian model and i have been trying to find out whether the exhaust that i get sent across from the US is actually going to fit, i have tried searches without success, does any one know? perhaps westozklx?. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: AUS spec KLX250 exhaust question

Oh I see, trying to get the milk for free huh? Oh wait it is free.[8D] Welcome, and don't just be a taker, be a contributor too. I'm sure you have lots to add to the craziness around here. Right? One of your down under brothers should be able to answer or at least steer you in the right direction. Good luck, and again welcome, don't be a stranger.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Here is a couple of links for you supplied by Westoz and a couple of other dudes. Westoz LOVES USA gear!![8D].
Here is an OZ supplier.....http://www.ballards.cc/Text/12028852...CATALOGUE-2008
If you need a bigger tank......http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/gas...wasaki_klx.htm
This one is from WestOz......http://www.bboffroad.com.au/index.htm
Need a tank bag or extra storage?......http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tank/EnduroTank.html
Two brothers exhaust.......http://www.btosports.com/c/TBRexhaust
hope some of this helps.
Cheers!

Old 05-06-2008, 01:40 AM
1st Gear Member

See mine here.
WestOzKLX M7 "Boom Tube."

PM me if you want more info.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

The aussie spec KLX uses the 300R header pipe. The 300R header pipe is roughly an inch or more longer than the US spec 250S header pipe, no matter what year of 250S you have. The 2-bros. slip-on is made distinctly for the US spec KLX250S. So, the answer to your question as far as it "fitting" is a no from me. Sure you could mod it to fit, but if you're wanting a pipe to just bolt on and fit perfectly with no other thinking involved, the 2-bros. is not it. However, any slip-on made for the 300R WILL fit perfectly and really is an advantage to the Aussie spec 250S as it leaves more options for the bike. The Pro-Circuit T4, Muzzy slip-on, and FMF slip-ons all for the 300R will fit perfectly. The 2-bros. however, is not made for the 300 and thus will be too long tofit on the longer 300R header like your bike has. Won't fit, 100% sure on this.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Scoticus, I see your questions have already been answered, good to here from another aussie, don't be shy.

Cheers
Chris.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies guys, i am still a little confused though because 09KLXowner states that it wont work however westozlkx has it installed?? [&:]

Old 05-06-2008, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Mine's a KLX250RH7A
Talked to the 2 Brothers Australia rep (they're based here in Perth.) The mid pipe that comes with the muffler IS designed to fit the 300 and 250 OE headers according to him. Summary of the conversation below.
The 2 Brothers mid pipe has a long dual taper (necessary to fit 2 sizes of head pipe) on the part that connects to the header. For the 250 the header connects to the smaller diameter pipe, for the 300 you clamp the larger diameter of the mid pipe and let the smaller (the end part) seat further inside the header pipe. To achieve this the small gasket on the inside of the 300 header needs to be removed.
The mismatch and fitting issue is not with the after market pipe. It was identified in the Kawa factory when they fitted the USA spec 250S muffler to the Aus spec 300 header to meet AUS ADR and noise regulations. It appears they solved this by fitting a gasket into the end of the 300 OE header so the 250S muffler could be fitted. Cheap factory fix. The ADR and noise regulations also account for the odd holes we have drilled in the carb' slide (they reduce exhaust noise by limiting the lift of the carb' slide.)
I' sure this info will help.[:-]

Old 05-06-2008, 03:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like same spec here in NZ, I have full Muzzy system incl header. The stock stuff lives in a box in the garage. Thanks for the heads up on the why of the holes in the carb slide
L

Old 05-06-2008, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

WestOzKLX you are a legend thanks. Thanks all.

Quick Reply: AUS spec KLX250 exhaust question