Attempted theft repair/wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 09:56 PM
Angry Attempted theft repair/wiring Help

Hey guys, new to the forum and happy to see there's an active KLX board going.

So two nights ago some #$%!-head ripped the upper headlight cover off my 2010 250SF and started yanking the wiring all around, I guess in some ill-fated attempt to hotwire the thing? At least when he was realized tugging on the instrument cluster wiring wasn't going to make it happen for him, he had the courtesy to dump his drank all over the bike in frustration. Idk, I guess that's what I get for leaving it in the garage uncovered for a night; I live in a nice building but it's an unsecured garage downtown and there's a lot of dubitable figures wandering the streets these days, but I digress.

Anyways, a replacement panel is ordered but I've never been any good with wiring or wiring diagrams so I could use a little guidance on where to look for the correct wiring. I've got three loose female plugs coming off the wiring harness plugged into the dashboard, and a set of 3 male plugs coming up from within the bike, which seem to fit together but naturally the wire colors don't match at all. Additionally, there's 2 loose male wires with thin almost needle-like connectors deep inside (one gray cable, one black) and I have absolutely no idea where those belong. If anyone has a diagram of the correct wiring that would be immensely helpful.

Picture of the damage:

Thanks for your help,

-Deeznutz