Armored Jacket vs. Pressure Suit vs. Deflector

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Armored Jacket vs. Pressure Suit vs. Deflector

I'm thinking about getting a Joe Rocket Textile Phoenix Jacket - thought it would work since I'm riding 60% street/40% dirt. Anbody got any inpoop on it?

Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Anybody Riding With A Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket

Nothing on the Phoenix but I have the Alter Ego pants and Jacket. When the outter shell is zipped off I believe its pretty close to the Phoenix as far as protection vs mesh opening and its comfy up to around 95 degrees depending on humidity. Got my gear from newenough.com and motorcycle-superstore.com, btw newenough only sells new stuff.......in case you were wondering.I wore the jacket all 3 days in the sweltering NJ heat on the NE KLX get together and it saved my hide the first night there, biffed at 30 and went down hard in the sand, all skin still intact.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I got the Fieldsheer Dual Sport Jacket with armor, and lots of pockets for stuff. And it has a liner that I never use even when its 20 degrees out. Hydro Tour I think.

One thing I'm not happy with is that both side pockets have broken zippers already, and I don't even use them. Stinking plastic.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Broken zippers does not = deej is too fat, lets just get that out of the way right now.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Just in hot/warm weather. It's ok I guess. I dont't like the plastic badges on the arms and the pocket zippers could be better. Other than that, it's not a bad choice for the summer. I bought a black one- should have gone hi viz or the gray.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I see Deej figured out how to put is bike photo in his signature.

I like the black jacket but would like to stand out a little with all these wacko cagers around here.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I have been fairly satisfied with mine. The liner doesn't fit real well under the jacket, but when it's raining who cares. Just a tip, if you use the liner just pull the jacket over and don't zip them together. I've used mine on a bunch of trips this summer and would say for the price, you can't go wrong. I haven't needed the padding yet but feel much more comfortable knowing it's there.

Also there are 30 reviews on motorcycle superstore's website for that jacket. Might help you decide.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:10 AM

Just sold mine to a friend that picked up a ZX14. I liked it a lot. 100+ days you could wear it. I put it through the washer, who would have thought it would shrink that much.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Okay I tried the Joe Rocket jacket on today - forget it! Way-waaaaaay too hot and heavy for out here except maybe one-month a year - January! I know if offers pretty good protection but you'd have heat stroke while riding your bike in it for more than 10 minutes. I've been riding with a Fox 450 Racing deflector and a lightly padded mx shirt, but we are talking minimum-minimum protection here. Any other suggestions?

Old 08-17-2007, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member

I've got one of these. Its pretty good, probably not the best of the best protection for street, but its very breatheable and such.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...amp;division=2#

[IMG]local://upfiles/5883/D8DF640553DA4E5F98E9521DEF478848.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Armored Jacket vs. Pressure Suit vs. Deflector