Arlen Ness Upswept mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Arlen Ness Upswept mirrors

I love this style of mirror!! Too many mixed reviews. Mostly bad....fall apart as soon as you put them on...bla bla bla. Anybody running these? Something similar? I thought about dual stars....I need actual mirrors. I ride mostly street, but love to get wild on road approaches and old school gravel roads. I'd rather here your ups and downs than to waste my money on mine. Everything Bike Master...seems to be a joke. I don't care if they break off, nor do I need to fold them outta the way. Just need a cool dependable set of mirrors, so I can see the A-holes behind me The mickey mouse factory mirrors are most likely at the bottom of the nearest landfill right now.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Oddly, the Bike Master folding dirt mirror is actually quite good. It has adjustment for taking up slack in the rotating ball and a good lock nut for the base. I used just used this mirror on my recent 2-week desert trip, and it worked great. You just have to pick through that Bike Master stuff. There's an occasional gem in there.

Good lord!...I just looked up those upswept mirrors. You have an S model KLX, don't you? I think they'd look funky even on the SF model. Those are cruiser poser mirrors if I've even seen any.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

O.K. O.K.....LMAO!! I'm just looking for something more STREET and functional. Poser mirrors.....holy crap, forget that stuff. Just something cool.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Check out "Double Take" mirrors. They use RAM mounts. Don't have them yet but they are on my "list".

Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I like 'em!! I watched a cheesy youtube video, and if they hold up to 150mph?? I think I might need a new motor. These are really cool mirrors!! A step in the right direction. They're more discreet, very functional, look cool as heck. I'll check out some reviews. Any other mirrors like this?? Close to this quality?? Style??

Old 12-20-2012, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Hmmm, that pointy bit on end the Arlen Ness upswept mirror is exactly in the right place to gut you if you go over the bars. You can't underestimate the damage that accessories shaped like flames & iron-crosses will do to you in the event of a wreck. I'd look into something a bit more functional and stylistically suited to the KLX...

Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

I hear you....I did think about that. Imagine getting that to the chest or the face, ribs???? OUCH!!!!

Old 12-20-2012, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member

bar end mirrors on ebay like $21.00
Name:  100_1043.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  152.9 KB
Name:  100_1044.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  137.8 KB

Old 12-20-2012, 05:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
Check out "Double Take" mirrors. They use RAM mounts. Don't have them yet but they are on my "list".
If you want a mirror that handles a crash this is it! No doubt. I'll vouch. It's a tough sumbiotch. Taken many falls without a worry.

But I don't like it for everyday commuting and I'll put the stocker on for that (actually, not the stocker, it broke long ago so running a Moose or Ken Sean or somethingorother folding mirror ... had a honda 650 mirror with vibration isolator which was good but busted the glass ). $Hit happens.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:10 AM
1st Gear Member

i still have this style for sale....or trade for a nomadic rack straight up...

Quick Reply: Arlen Ness Upswept mirrors