April 11th Leaf River Dualsport ride. SPRING RIDE coming fast!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default April 11th Leaf River Dualsport ride. SPRING RIDE coming fast!!

Hey, I just found out the Leaf River Dualsport ride is April 11th!!! That's only a month away! Last fall I was told that they might try to do the annual D-S ride in the spring. I haven't heard anything since ( I haven't looked either ). The idea was that having it in the spring would help avoid cancelations. They would have a little more room to move the date of the event out, in the case of bad weather. Last fall, because of wet weather, the enduro was canceled and the D-S ride was postponed until November 15th. Nov 15th gives a pretty good chance of snow and very cold weather.
BTW "wet weather" means the river you normally ride through is 9ft deep and the farmers (who donate the use of thier land) fields are so muddy they don't want the riders in them tearing them up and making giant ruts

I haven't found a flyer, but will post it if I do. So for everyone in the area get your bikes fired up and blow the cobwebs out.
Dan

http://www.forestcityriders.com/Schedule.htm

Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 PM
1st Gear Member

OK , They got a flyer up on their site now.
http://www.forestcityriders.com/Schedule.htm

It's a great time on a well marked trail through the woods. It's not a race, stop take a break when you want. Around here this is one of your best bets for good riding, unless you own some woods yourself.
Dan

From the clubs website
""April 11th Dual Sport Upate:

The club has been working on getting things set up for this event and it should be a great time for everyone. This years event will use different trail from the last falls event and possibly use some trail that hasn't been on the dual sport in a few years.

General Info:

Rider meeting at 9:15am

First rider out at 9:30am, last rider out at 12:00pm

Camping available Saturday night, no hook ups and quiet time is 9:00pm

Costs

AMA members $25

Non-AMA Members $35

$5 for a second loop

$5 poker hand (Split the pot) ""

Old 03-16-2010, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Ill be there. Just got my bike out this week and was all smiles all the way to work. And home too!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by baldie
Ill be there. Just got my bike out this week and was all smiles all the way to work. And home too!
Good deal. Should be a good time. I'm pretty sure a guy from my work is going too. I'm pretty rusty though. I have only had my bike out a couple times so far this year.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Think a worn out d605 will work haha? thats all i have for a rear tire now.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't let a worn tire keep me from trying it, but I'm not going to lie to you, you'll enjoy it more if you have something that hooks up. Sounds like you need a new tire this summer anyway,buy it now and get some real use out of it. If you can't afford an eighty dollar tire right now, get a inexpensive off-road knobbie for $40 http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...=&sizeAttr=390 In the future I plan on getting a strictly off road tire and spooning it on just for these events and serious rides.
Hope you make it .
These DS rides bring out a little bit of everything. Old guys, young kids, old bikes, new bikes, big bikes, guys in full race gear, and guys in jeans and carhart jackets.
Keep me posted.
Dan

Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Also, I've heard that the route is supposed to be a little easier this year. Last years fall D/S route was about 90% of the Enduro race route. ( I liked it ) For tires you could check the local bike shops too, you can find deals on tires sometimes.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey i think im going to either put on a d606 or k760 prior to the event, I will be there. We should have a klx meet up point either before or after. You guys riding there? Im about 100 miles away so ill be bringin the truck

Old 03-21-2010, 04:48 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

im about 15-20 miles so ill be on the bike. sounds good to me. not to filmier with leaf river. any ideas dan?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I plan on trucking mine. Maybe meet in Byron?? Burger King parking lot might be easy?? Not sure which way Ryathis is coming from. I-90 or I-88. ( I-88 to I-39 to hwy 72 to Byron.) (Or I-90 to hwy 20 to Rt2 to Byron.)
IF you get lost the town of Leaf River is small, you will find the starting point of the ride at the school.
I have another guy from work (first timer) coming, but he will meet us there in Leaf River. I think.
Dan

BTW E 3rd st on this map is Hwy 72

Name:  leafrivermap.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  67.4 KB

Quick Reply: April 11th Leaf River Dualsport ride. SPRING RIDE coming fast!!