Anyone have Soupy's lowering links?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Anyone have Soupy's lowering links?

Thinking about lowering my 250SF. I only need about 1" to feel comfortable - I think.

I've been searching around and I haven't found any "reviews" on Soupy's links for the KLX. The adjustability has me interested for getting exactly what I want in height [lowering] for me.

My KLX250SF is mostly a commuter bike for me so it's 99.999999999% on the street.

http://www.soupysperformance.com/cat...00/4393129.htm

Thanks for any info.

P.S. I don't want to cut the seat.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

I have never used them, I bought some from ebay that never came and got the money back. I continued to research different ones and came across a disclaimer from a well known manufacturer that said it's product would change they way the bike would ride and to not ride agressive off road (softer in the rear). I don't know but once I read that I have reconsidered the whole thing. I'm waiting to see any replies you get on this.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

If you search lowering links, you'll see it's been covered a few times in depth. Nothing wrong with lowering links, you just have to choose appropriately for the application.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zomby woof
If you search lowering links, you'll see it's been covered a few times in depth. Nothing wrong with lowering links, you just have to choose appropriately for the application.
I'm asking for specific information on this brand of lowering links. Not links in general. Believe me, I've done enough "education" on what they do or not do. I haven't seen anyone write something about Soupy's and the KLX250 (preferably 2009 or newer), hence my thread.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member

A lowering link is a lowering link.
There is no magic.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks again for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread.

Which, again, is about Soupy's ADJUSTABLE lowering links and any owners who have (or had) them.

A Kouba lowering link is not the same as a Soupy's ADJUSTABLE lowering link. The "magic" is.... can you figure it out?

It's ADJUSTALBE.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I have never used them. I thought about getting a set and decided if one side was adjusted longer than the other, it would not be good for the suspension. A SET of matched links would always be the same.

To each his own.

David

Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member

One of my thoughts also David -- how to ensure they are matched up evenly.

I also wonder about the strength of the attachment points as well. I would assume they are sound but you never know.

Doesn't seem anyone on this forum has them so I may pass... but still thinking.

Once my bike is back together I'll be stoping by a local suspension shop and talk with them about what I want to do and the best way to do it (taking into account my wallet ).

Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I like the idea too but what if they're not strong enough?
And the price tag is so high, you can buy 3 or 4 solid dog bone of different length to achieve the same result. And it's probably faster to replace the whole thing than trying to adjust those on the bike.
I'm still curious to ear about somebody who really tried them.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I like them. I think its a novel solution.

On my 351 I was on the ***** of my feet and uncomfortable. I put triple tee risers on the forks and shoved the forks up and had a mechanic install Soupys. They were fine stock and now I'm flat footed after he tinkered with the rake to make it 28 degrees. The mechanic is old and fussy and if he spotted any weaknesses he would have pointed them out. He said to watch out for possible bottoming of the wheel against the fender front and rear, but it looks like I'm ok.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Soupy's lowering links?