Anyone Else Willing to Consider an African Charity Adventure Ride in 09?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Anyone Else Willing to Consider an African Charity Adventure Ride in 09?

You only live once.

The riding seems mellow....but what an adventure. And I normally would NEVER consider an organized ride, but this one caught my eye.

Tax deductable too....or solicit sponsors.

Bueller....Bueller.

http://www.enduroafrica.com/home.htm

Old 10-22-2008, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Would be awesome. Went on a safari in Kenya, and I'd LOVE to d/s it over there! Most of the major road are dirt, so it would rock. It would be freakin' awesome to ride though a herd of zebra, instead of doing it in a Range Rover.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCsilver
It would be freakin' awesome to ride though a herd of zebra, instead of doing it in a Range Rover.
I'm normally open to interacting with the environment, but in this case my instinct tells me discretion may be the better part of valor. I'll dive with sharks all day.....but riding a ds through a herd of Zebras would really spook me....Lions eat Zebras.....I'll take an organized trip on this one.

Nuthin worse than being a Finger Mullet in a school of Snook.

Last edited by Finger Mullet; 10-22-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Awe, hell, just do it w/ a sawed of 12 gauge in a makeshift saddle bag -- i.e. Terminator style. That should cure what could possibly ail (eat) you.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:52 AM
1st Gear Member

I'd be more afraid of sharks I think. You, a human, would be a fish out of water in water (pardon the bad pun), plus the shark is the oldest, most ruthless, and efficient killer on Earth. They were here before crocodiles. That tells ya soemthing.

While riding through a heard of hooved animals isn't exactly smart either, I'll take that over sharks.

"arrrrrr, we'll cut ya up and feed ya to the sharks"
________
**** sucking machine

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:07 AM
1st Gear Member

LOL.....I guess it's all what you are used to, been diving and spearing phish...since I was 10. To me most sharks are just part of the environment....but an aggressive bull or hammer head will get your attention fast, but they will only target you if they sense fear...just like a dog....but there are exceptions...and I have had a couple scuffles before. Usually a real hard pop to the snout will give you enough time to get back to the boat.

I have popped a few bulls & blacktips with a bangstick before. Now an open water Mako or Great White is sumthin totally different.....I would fight, but I would probably loose quick unless the Apex predator was a bit hesistant....then I would have a chance....hope I never encounter one.

Cats are evil....so lions must be too.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

All it takes is one, mate.

Been around animals all my life to know that all too well.

Hey, on a side note. Your rear fender on your bike...its an MX fender right? What year, make and model fender? And do you have to do anything to to get it on....I want to get one. Winter is around the corner. need projects.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES IN BILLINGS MT

Old 10-22-2008, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey you're derailing my Africa adv trip for next year.

Maier klx 300 rear fender with baja designs led tail-light. Good stuff. I like, unlike lions.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:40 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Old 10-22-2008, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

roger that red leader.

thanks
________
Weed

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Willing to Consider an African Charity Adventure Ride in 09?