Anyone Else Quit Getting Emails?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Default Anyone Else Quit Getting Emails?

Until recently, I received an email each time a new thread was started. I used to get one for every post, I think, but that was excessive to say the least. I changed my profile to only get one when threads are started because I could not find one to turn emails off entirely. Well, recently I quit getting emails completely. I don't even get them when someone PMs me.

Has anyone else had this happen, or is it just me?

I have already reviewed my Profile settings to make sure nothing has changed. The email account in question is one that I use daily so I know that there is no problem with it.

Any thoughts? Has there been any changes to the forum software recently?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 04-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Anyone Else Quit Getting Emails?

Hmmmm That is strange. I would definitely check out every option in your profile and the subscription area. I on the other hand get on average 80 to 100 e-mails a day. Good thing for the Blackberry, I can read them before I get home and then when I get home I can highlight and delete them in 30 seconds instead of spending an hour looking at them. There is an option to receive e-mails from other members.Let us know, send me a PM and I'll reply to test it.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Just to add, I am getting kicked and having to login several times throughout the day, not sure why, I don't delete cookies or anything, I can still post but you cant see all of the options or other stuff until you log in again. Anyone?

Old 04-09-2007, 06:54 PM

I'm not getting kicked, but still no email notification of you PM Deej. Also, no email notification of this new thread.

Very strange. I don't remember the last time I changed something in my Profile settings.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I quit getting emails from the kawasakiforums completely a while back. I found my problem was with my ISP spam handling (E-Mail Filtering Options).[/align]
________
Agnes

Last edited by Silver_Otter; 09-18-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:28 PM

Well crap. It looks like this is going to be more a a pain the neck than it should be.

It looks like it's a Hotmail thing. So far all indications are that something on the Hotmail side is blocking correspondence from this forum. I have been receiving emails from here ever since I joined, and nothing has changed on either profile recently, but all of a sudden I am not getting anything there. I tried changing email accounts. That works, but I don't want to do that long term. I have tried blocking and unblocking the domain from Hotmail, and that does not work either. I can not find anything in the junk mail settings on Hotmail that should be blocking things, but it sure as heck is. Now that I am thinking about it, I have been getting a lot less junk mail over there recently. I even have an entry for the forum on my Safe Senders list.

I don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 04-10-2007, 05:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Good old Hot Mail/MSN! They've alway march to a different drummer!

I stopped my email notifications on purpose...don't remember exactly how I did it as it has been awhile.

I get kicked from the forumsometimes as well. Sometimes while I'm making a multi-image post[:@]