anyone change the look of their bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: anyone change the look of their bike?

ok so what is so special with the renazco seats? how are they different from stocks? better foam? better stuff covering the foam? ive never seen one let alone used one..... whats so special?

Old 09-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I don't know what's inside the seat, but the shape is a little flatter on top. It uses suede as a cover, but you can select other materials as well. Suede is good because it is grippy without being too grippy, maintains its grippyness even when wet. Also, it makes for a cooler ride since it naturally breathes. I think it boils down to shape and materials and it is custom made for your height, weight, and other preferences, not a one size fits all.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:31 AM

more of red bike...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/824011/klx_250_enduro/

Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all of the info, Brian. You have me pretty excited about the purchase. I sent my preliminary e-mail to Renazco yesterday. The seat I have now is better than stock but still gets uncomfortable after about 30min of riding on pavment. In the tight twisties, I have no problem because you are shifting around much like you would on dirt, but I also tour on this bikeandthe seatquickly becomes the single largest limiting factor.

EMS, from what I can gather, Renazco has been custom building dual sport seats for quite some time and I've seen nothing but rave reviews from their customers. Just do a search for Renazco at advrider.com and you will see what I mean. If you do most of your riding on dirt the cost (about $400.00) might not be justifiable. On some of my road trips I swear myass wants to stage a revolt, so it will be money well spent for me. As Brian said, the seats look a bit flatter and dare I say slightly wider. I think they do a really good job of distributing the weight evenly across your buttso you don't get hot spots.

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I don't know what's inside the seat, but the shape is a little flatter on top. It uses suede as a cover, but you can select other materials as well. Suede is good because it is grippy without being too grippy, maintains its grippyness even when wet. Also, it makes for a cooler ride since it naturally breathes. I think it boils down to shape and materials and it is custom made for your height, weight, and other preferences, not a one size fits all.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

so what all have you done Brian?
I changed out virtually every part. At first, the transition was gradual over about a year or so. During that time, it went from stock, to this:

But then I really picked up the pace and got busy. In only one day, I totally transformed the trusty green machine into the bodacious orange:

And since then, I've been gradually transforming, it now looks like this:

XC 3.4 gallon tank
Renazco seat
Akrapovic titanium slip-on
James Dean Jet Kit and accelerator pump diaphram
final drive gearing
KTM hard parts hand guards
Woody's Wheel Works superlaced cush-hub rear wheel
home spun radiator overflow tank
KTM foldable mirrors
Hard Parts skid plate
STR clutch slave cylinder guard
Enduro Experts carbon fiber exhaust guard
Touratech bar risers
Sicass Racing light switch
Sicass Racing low-profile signal lights
Wolfman Toolkit
KTM radiator fan (to be installed)

I had a Rekluse Z-Start Pro Autoclutch installed, but I just couldn't fully warm up to it, so I sold it.

It looks like you have been pretty busy modding that sweet KTM of yours. I know its a KLX forum but I would loveto hear more on the KTM mods. One of my Buddy's at work has the same bike as you and he was telling me the last time he was riding the tight stuff his radiator boiled over.When you get the fan installed let me know how you likeitso I can pass the info along to my friend at work. What were the pro's and con's of that rekluse clutch? I see them in the magazines but I never knew anybody who hadone.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:50 PM

domair, that was a sweet video, haha looks like something i would do when trying to look cool.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:29 AM

hello

i was looking all over for some advice on how to turn my bike to supermoto. that's how i found this forum. but no one seem to have an answer. well, here it is: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_191026/tm.htm

my new supermoto klx250. it now corners better and sticks like glue on ashphalt.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Here's my changes for now

[IMG]local://upfiles/6622/44B23AAC64204E44820F61CEF15E878B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-24-2007, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slimenlyman

Here's my changes for now

[IMG]local://upfiles/6622/44B23AAC64204E44820F61CEF15E878B.jpg[/IMG]