Any KLX owners in their 50's

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Any KLX owners in their 50's

ORIGINAL: OldDualSporter

I'm 63 -- and still ripping around on modded bikes.
I used to ride with Fred Flintstone!
So, this must have been your picture:

So what kind of riding boots did you used to wear: Rox Racing or Alpinestones?

I'm not "up there", yet, but I'm not that far off -- 48 years old (chronologically only!)

I expect that I'll still be modding in a couple decades as well ... searching on-line for Depends Seat Covers, I suppose!

Mike

Old 10-25-2006, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

45 here. I'm a bit surprised to see how many older people are on here!

Willum
TC

Old 10-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I hit the big four oh this year. I still feel the same aside from the collar bone

Old 10-25-2006, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll be 46 next month and never want to stop playing with toys

Old 10-25-2006, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Thunderchild

45 here. I'm a bit surprised to see how many older people are on here!

Willum
TC
It would be interesting to compare the age gouping not that it matters.
We all are bikers
Dave

Old 10-26-2006, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Here are a couple excerpts from an article I ran across recently (although the article itself is from 2002):

Tough times can’t put the brakes on motorcycle industry

OTTAWA | March 2002 — It's something of a phenomenon. While much of the economy seems to be slowing down, motorcycle dealers are still having a hard time keeping up with demand.

And after four years of growth at 18 to 25 per cent each year in the industry in Canada, things look promising for the rest of 2002, according to Bob Ramsay, president of the Motorcycle and Moped Industry Council of Canada (MMIC). The council reports annual sales of motorcycles in Canada have more than doubled since 1996, from about 24,000 to 60,000 in 2001.

The power of demographics
Baby boomers may be the reason business is still racing ahead in motorcycles while other industries are feeling the crunch.

“A big part of the market is re-entry, or people who wanted one when they were younger and are getting one now that they’re between the ages of 30 to 50,” says Ramsay.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

does the klx for over 50 come with a walker.......[sm=grin.gif]

Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

For me the KLX when I first saw it in September of 2005 was a no brain-er. I ordered mine a couple of months before the dealership on the peninsula even had them on the floor. I picked it up on November 23rd and haven't regretted it a bit. This bike represents all the things that I remember as a kid, and always wanted to re-capture. It's also the first time I have ever bought a new........anything, car, truck or bike. So that adds to the personalization. Same thing with the wife's new XT 225. Grasping for one's youth?.....maybe, and why not, we had fun then and it doesn't have to stop right? I have read of more and more guys that have bought this bike as the first bike they have had in 15 or 20 years, in fact I copied and pasted this from a few months ago, from a post I added about how I feel about the bike.

Quote: "I thought about it, and I asked myself a question. What defines success when considering the KLX? Is it sheer numbers sold? Is it the occasional "Cool dirt bike" we get from folks we run into? Or perhaps its something more than that. How many guys out there decided to get back into riding off road after 15-20 years of sitting on a couch watching TV every day? Well more than just a few, and if success was measured by motivating people to change what they are doing and to have fun at the same time, then numbers sold, high or low, "way to go Kawasaki, keep up the great work."

Old 10-26-2006, 02:20 AM

I'm 33. I stopped riding in my early 20's. This bike is perfect for me right now. I can see a larger DS in my future, in addition to the KLX.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I am 53 and started at 49 on a KX250 ,my son joined the Marines and I bought his KX from him. when he came back from Iraq he bought it back from me, a week later I had a WR250F,then add a KLX to that and you have something all year round to ride.Or when one of the boys come to visit.

Quick Reply: Any KLX owners in their 50's