Any KLX owners in their 50's

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Default RE: Any KLX owners in their 50's

ORIGINAL: onestarr99

Olddualsporter, Where can I get one of those cool walkers,because in the future i am going to need one too!!! LOL. My body feels like its 70 years old and my brain feels like its 18 I'm only 36. LOL...I guess all the years of riding are taking its toll on me , but like you said riding is in the blood!!! I too find it hard to refuse a good challenge recently someone said that i could not climb a really big hill with this bike that it would not make it but I will tell you what I am going to try like hell to get up it!! ( have to wait until the snow melts) Love this bike!!
I had the walker custom-made by my oldest son, who also builds race-cars and their engines in his racing shop. His starting price is $65,000 if you want one.
Taking a toll on you is right, especially if you race a lot (remember, if you *never* crash, that means you're not going fast enough to win many races!) -- so, because of my rather rough life so far, I'm held together with enough metal pieces, that I set off metal detectors in security checkpoints, which causes me problems sometimes! (Not a joke) I had already retired from semi-pro racing by age 36, and stuck to amatuer racing after that.
I went to some pro hillclimbs -- one hill in WV about 600+ feet high, I was told nobody ever made it -- I went back 3 times in 3 years with better bike mods each time, and finally topped it! Dang that felt good. People at the bottom looked like ants.... As far as I know, I'm still the only one that ever made that hill. Like you said -- when I was told that I would never make it, the gauntlet was thrown, and I had to keep trying. Hillclimbs were my favorite, even though I won more MX and enduro/cross-country stuff (GNCC stuff). I sure miss those days. I finally had to retire, when my rock band started getting too many gigs, and I had to give up one or the other...I loved groupies, so the choice was clear. Paid better, too!
Okay, I'm done ranting.....

Old 02-15-2006, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: DJFields
OH Ya, back to the original question (we get so side tracked on this forum) I love the KLX 250S !!!!
We weren't sidetracked -- this thread was actually asking about who are the "old farts" here.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I too would have picked the groupies, I love to ride but not as much as groupies..although riding dose take a very close second!!! LOL...

Old 02-17-2006, 03:48 PM

Hey, I'm getting close to Olddualsporter, only 5 years younger.

Besides, it not the age, it the mileage!

Just started a new job 2 weeks ago. Doing DC power plant installations for telecom. Most of the other guys on the crew are in their 20's and 30's. I'm working my butt off staying up with them, but they are not going to outwork me.

Yes, I ride a KLX, it's a ball!

Old 10-25-2006, 06:53 AM

+1 me 52

Old 10-25-2006, 08:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Why?

Old 10-25-2006, 09:15 AM
1st Gear Member

50 on 11-04 and still WFO

Old 10-25-2006, 10:18 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DJFields

Remember Your Only as Old as You Feel / Act............
Errr I thought you were only as old as the person you were feeling!

I couldn't think of a better option.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

LOL.... omg... Most of you guys are old enough to be my dad! Im on 23! haha....bunch of old farts around here... lol...just playin guys

Old 10-25-2006, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Some of you guys are old enought to be me grandpa lol

and +1 on getting your grandson a klx250, I'm 15 and I love mine.

Quick Reply: Any KLX owners in their 50's