Any Interest in a KLX450S ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Default Any Interest in a KLX450S ?

If you have not heard about the new KLX450R coming to town this year, you might do some looking around. Pretty hot little looking bike with a "de-tuned" KX450F motor in an aweseom little trail bike.

Perhaps we need to start a letter writing campaign to Kawasaki Heavy Industries asking them about bringing out a KLX450S as a complementary product to our KLX250S.

Would any of you be interested in such a product from Kawasaki?

Old 09-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Any Interest in a KLX450S ?

stop it... we all want it ok.... we know its an awsome bike.... soon enough we all will have the multiple bike disorder.....

Old 09-26-2006, 05:29 PM

As a bigger guy (wide, not tall), I would love to have a more powerful bike available in a dual sport. I something in the 400cc range would be great as long as it did not weigh a bunch more than our little green buddy. I considered the KLR650 when I got my KLX250S. Man I am glad I did not go that route. I know the KLR650 is a great bike, but I am learning that I definitely want a smaller, more nimble bike.

I don't ask much, just a small, extremely power bike that is comfortable to cruise for long distances or tear it up on single track. Is that asking too much?

With all of that said, even if they came out with a KLX450S tomorrow, there is no way that I would be able to get one. My wife is going to make me put about 100,000 miles on this little guy for my "investment" to pay off.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Stop the insanity. I see its a different motor than ours, actually its a 250F engine type. I just wish Kawasaki would hurry up and recall the camshafts on our bikes so we can all move on with confidence. We shall see. But the 450 is an awesome bike, but again I'm all about being able to ride from town to trails to logging roads, and then showing up at a highway and being able to get home legally. That's what I'm talking about.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

heres a street legal one....

Old 09-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

KL introduces to the EICMA KXF 250-450 in version enduro and motard
KL introduces to the EICMA the versions enduro and motard.

The more waited for appointment, in topic of motoristica exposure, is sure the return of the EICMA that like very sapete, in its new and wonderful center of the Fair of Milan, will become to cadence anniversary. Naturally KL could not lack. A presence, that one 2006 that, with an imposing means exposure, emphasizes its new image after a year passed from S.P.A. One stand of beyond 200 mq. in which the entire structure from the green-black livery, typical of the production 2006 Kawasaki, emerges together to the enormous range of products I excluded KL to you S.P.A., expressing the topic of bottom of the world of the cross-country vehicle, motion and ATV.
Therefore, appointment in KL, point of reference for all gets passionate to it to you and assigned to the jobs, to the pavilion 2 stands Q 26, just beside the partner of greater prestige: “mother” Kawasaki.

Speaking about the exposed products, the new derived versions from enduro and supermotard from the range of already seen KX 2006, they will make beautiful extension of if after a refined job of ingegnerizzazione put to point from the new unit “production” of KL S.P.A. Point of pride, regarding the slid years, the several ones are to have executed in times record all are made technical and bureaucratic in order to arrive in advance payment to the homologations. Versions 2006 of “KXE” and “SM” of KL, from the December month, will not only circulate in Italy but in all Europe. Like for the sisters from cross, the greater attentions have been dedicated to the versions to four times: the KXE250F and the unknown KXE450F, will be made to admire and become average attractive for the enduro professional. Identical piston displacements but in version “SM” for the specialty of the supermotard. This year is a virtue for KL to be able to satisfy the user that it wants to acquire within the year the targate versions of the motion of Akashi. To approximately a month or little less, from this first exposure to the public, the “street ones” could together be addressed near your concessionaire of confidence (to the versions with motor two times).
Other important innovation 2006 is “joint” the KL-Marzocchi. Of this collaboration, the first “fruits” will be exposed just to the EICMA: it dedicates to you to the young professionals who will expose themselves to the two clawed wheels, here new KX65 and KX85 “Special Edition”. With these versions, impreziosite from a Marzocchi staple purposely studied and put to point in collaboration with KL for these cross “entry level”, officially technical collaboration between KL and historical brand “M” of the Italian staples more known the world has left one.

KL Kawasaki is also ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and to Milan range 2006 will be visible: utility the KVF750-650-360 and sportswomen KFX400-700 who introduce themselves, for the new year, in different versions of colors, with partial restyling and technical improvements. Present also range KL-ATV with the new model to posterior motor called City Snake 200, half addressed to the city use, beyond to the small enriched Hammer and Snake 50 of the retromarcia.

We signal to you, moreover, the presence of NILS under our structure, company leader in the field of the lubrication and partner of KL SpA, that it will introduce to the public its new specific lubricating line for the two and four wheels from cross-country vehicle. Both the companies have combined the passion for the motors until arriving to one true and own technical collaboration for specific products. High atesina will be possible to directly converse to our stand the responsibles of the company, in order to receive technical elucidations, details and trades them on new oils of house Nils.

And' possible to visionare all new models 2006 consulting our situated klmotors.com. Here you will find the technical data and the images (also in high resolution) of the new range KL Kawasaki Off Road and ATV.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

the kx450 comes with renthals!!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

2008 klr 650!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

The 650 is pretty nice too. Hey I just noticed on that 450 that the spedo is not centered behind the light, so that's a no from me.....I know its sick but I can't help it.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty
Would any of you be interested in such a product from Kawasaki?
Hell yeah!

Quick Reply: Any Interest in a KLX450S ?