Another slip on exhaust thread.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:22 PM
rlj
1st Gear Member
Default Another slip on exhaust thread.......

In the market for a slip on exhaust. Nothing deafening however I want more thump than what the stock exhaust provides (see below). Give me your thoughts on the best bang for the buck slip on. My service guy likes the FMF exhaust, I hear a lot about Two Brothers......

I keep my klx up at the the lake and my neighbor, who's a great guy, always kids me that he thinks I'm starting the weed wacker when I start the klx. Like I said, nothing too loud but I want him to know when I drive by his house....

Old 07-24-2011, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Un bolt the factory "slip on" start that thing up, let it warm up...and haul @$$ past his house....

We all started it with the back half off when we put our slip ons on...right?

Old 07-24-2011, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

I have the FMF Q4...great pipe and sound,I have the whole header and pipe...

Old 07-24-2011, 01:32 AM
1st Gear Member

The 2 brothers slip on was almost as loud as the header alone. I knew I had to buy the P-1X insert to keep everyone happy. Glad I did cause now I can warm the bike without the neighbors running outside.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdeuce
I have the FMF Q4...great pipe and sound,I have the whole header and pipe...
+1 Moderate, but meaty. Good stuff!

Old 07-24-2011, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Two Brothers, Muzzy or Big Gun not for you my friend. I recon the HMF is good value and the newer design is quieter from what I've read. I love my Two Bros 'Roo Shoo' though, also lets others know I'm comin' through. "Move aside junior!"

Old 07-24-2011, 02:19 PM
rlj
1st Gear Member

thanks, I'm taking my bike back to Atlanta tomorrow for service and recall notice work. I think I'm going to go with the FMF Q4.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:53 PM
1st Gear Member

The Leo Vince is sweet and is only about $300 shipped. Very nice and easy to install plus it has the O2 hole if you need it. It's a great sound and comes with different sized pipe inserts to adjust the sound. I think it might never need to be repacked but time will tell.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr.P
We all started it with the back half off when we put our slip ons on...right?
Ya. It was a 'must do.'

Old 07-25-2011, 03:30 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
Two Brothers, Muzzy or Big Gun not for you my friend. I recon the HMF is good value and the newer design is quieter from what I've read. I love my Two Bros 'Roo Shoo' though, also lets others know I'm comin' through. "Move aside junior!"
WOK, you bring an interesting point. Haven't there been like 3 Muzzy cans over time? The original round can Muzzy was extemely loud. The local aquaintence who I bought my '06 KLX from had one of those original models, and it was too loud. He bought a second round can version which is on there now, and it is just right IMO. I think now there is an oval can version that may be even quieter. I don't know if all of these versions were available in your area, but I'm pretty sure there have been 3 separate versions.

Quick Reply: Another slip on exhaust thread.......