Another one "drank the Kool-Aid"

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 02:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Aw, it's just making a bit of rattling noise, I think I'll just loosen the mount bolts and let it click over a couple clicks and cinch 'er down!

Yeah, there's one in the garage to go in it, unless I sell it. My brother already has one in his.

I have a couple of questions maybe someone might answer. Does the KLX300 exhaust fit on the 2009 KLX250? I found a tail pipe I might consider picking up. In addition, anyone here use one of the Chinese knock-offs that are like the FMF pipes yet?

I'm still thinking a "John Deere" slip fit on a head pipe:

Name:  pipe2.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  34.4 KB

Last edited by klx678; 01-27-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
Rear disc looks undersize. Non stock

Good bike still
Good catch. Pads aren't making proper contact.
Comment re "fake" FMF in other thread.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:17 PM
1st Gear Member

welcome to the fold :-)

Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
Good catch. Pads aren't making proper contact.
Comment re "fake" FMF in other thread.
It has a KX rotor. I plan to look at the pad contact. He called my attention to the rotor and I looked at the pad/rotor contact. I think the pad outer surfaces are further out radially than the rotor will allow contact. If so, I will cure that with a Dremel, cutting the pads to suit the rotor. No problem, I do use the rear brake, but mainly to modulate speed off pavement and on pavement the front is doing a huge majority of my braking. So losing some swept surface will not affect me too much.

I'll look at the other thread, thanks.

Last edited by klx678; 01-27-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member

The front rotor is not stock either. It looks more like the one you posted for sale on eBay. I am sure it works just the same though.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cmott426
The front rotor is not stock either. It looks more like the one you posted for sale on eBay. I am sure it works just the same though.
That one isn't mine, I didn't post one on ebay. I pointed it out because of the pricing should someone need one..

No idea about the front rotor. At the moment I take it to be a 2009 OEM, but we shall see.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:47 PM
1st Gear Member

The 09+ brake rotors are "Wave" style.

They look like this.

2012 Kawasaki KLX250S KLX250T FRONT BRAKE Parts, 2012 Kawasaki KLX250S KLX250T FRONT BRAKE OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

Like I said, it should work no matter what.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I think I know what the issue was. He had two sets of wheels, selling off one set. I'm betting those were the ones that belonged on the bike and likely had the petal cut rotors. It likely has an earlier set of wheels on it, thus the incorrect rotor on the front and the KX rotor on the rear.

I bought the rotor on ebay. Figured for 18 bucks you never know when you need another rotor, or maybe someone here or on the KLX650 group might need one. The same rotor was used on the R. The C used a 300mm rotor.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Bike is in the garage after a short run up the road hitting about 60 fairly quickly, thank goodness, it is 18 degrees and I didn't want to waste much heat.

Now to play. There are a set of wide pegs, separate mirror mounts (who wants to break a master cylinder), and bark busters in the garage for installation. The bar risers are going to be removed, just not a good fit for me. Any interest, PM me. I'm certain they are Rox, but they have 4 bolt caps instead of 2 bolt.

I got nuts and hope the Pro Circuit pipe that fits a 95 KLX250 can be fitted up - we shall see, welders can work wonders if needed. I'm thinking to drop it an inch or two with links and slide the forks up.

The wish list has a pumper carb and 351 kit on it. The do list has a check out of the carb and set up for a Dial-A-Jet, due to past success with the set up.

Question for owners of the ones like my 09 - is there any MX fender that can take the place of that butt ugly thing they stuck on there. Why in the world there is some multiple piece affair like that is beyond me. The tail light looks like they flipped one of those lights stuck on the bow of a Chris-Craft and hung it there! I'm thinking hopefully something can take its place, maybe in black if red can't be had. I don't see there being enough protection if the black portion of the fender is removed. KX fender possible? Anyone?

Last edited by klx678; 02-08-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
Bike is in the garage after a short run up the road hitting about 60 fairly quickly, thank goodness, it is 18 degrees and I didn't want to waste much heat.

Now to play. There are a set of wide pegs, separate mirror mounts (who wants to break a master cylinder), and bark busters in the garage for installation. The bar risers are going to be removed, just not a good fit for me. Any interest, PM me. I'm certain they are Rox, but they have 4 bolt caps instead of 2 bolt.

I got nuts and hope the Pro Circuit pipe that fits a 95 KLX250 can be fitted up - we shall see, welders can work wonders if needed. I'm thinking to drop it an inch or two with links and slide the forks up.

The wish list has a pumper carb and 351 kit on it. The do list has a check out of the carb and set up for a Dial-A-Jet, due to past success with the set up.

Question for owners of the ones like my 09 - is there any MX fender that can take the place of that butt ugly thing they stuck on there. Why in the world there is some multiple piece affair like that is beyond me. The tail light looks like they flipped one of those lights stuck on the bow of a Chris-Craft and hung it there! I'm thinking hopefully something can take its place, maybe in black if red can't be had. I don't see there being enough protection if the black portion of the fender is removed. KX fender possible? Anyone?

I think the 08 KX250 fender works with some modification. I have one but not sure if its for the 08 or 07, been sitting in the garage for a while. I can go out an check tomorrow. Most mod one of those rear fenders and do a DRC taillight to clean up the rear. I got a nice LED taillight from Ebay that wicked bright for when I ever get around to putting the time in to fit the tail and fab up a mounting bracket for the light.

Quick Reply: Another one "drank the Kool-Aid"