No, I am buying an Aprilia.
0%
No, I will buy a Web Cam.
2.86%
Yes, I will do it myself
28.57%
Yes, I will do all but the ACR myself.
11.43%
Yes, but I suck at being a mechanic. Someone else will do it for me.
0%
Yes, but just the intake, the ACR scrares the $^%$ out of me.
2.86%
I don't know about a cam mod, but I do know that the 09/10 have a tank recal.
14.29%
I have already done it.
11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Another Cam mod POLL

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I seem to remember reading that the drilling of the stock exhaust people were doing at one time was pretty well decided to be of not much use - is that right? I want to open up my output side of the breathing equation, but am not ready yet to plunk down in the neighbourhood of $600 for a Q4/Power Bomb combo - although am very sure it would look pretty cool. Are there any real gains to be made modding the stock exhaust, or is replacement the only effective option?

(Guess we're getting off topic...)

Old 07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ns503
I seem to remember reading that the drilling of the stock exhaust people were doing at one time was pretty well decided to be of not much use - is that right? I want to open up my output side of the breathing equation, but am not ready yet to plunk down in the neighbourhood of $600 for a Q4/Power Bomb combo - although am very sure it would look pretty cool. Are there any real gains to be made modding the stock exhaust, or is replacement the only effective option?

Off topic...but...some have simply drilled out the pea shooter, and others (David) have done a more thorough mod job of the stock exhaust. Caution: I understand that drilling out the pea shooter defeats the spark arrester (a big no-no for those of us riding public lands).

Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

My mods to the stock can really seemed to help. I think the header is what is holding be back now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...r/finished.jpg

Old 07-05-2011, 11:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by brownie2
Patience grasshoppers. Give this topic some time. We'll see how it turns out.
You know, if louder pipes make a bike faster, I don't see why anything else couldn't be possible. Has anyone actually finished the mod PROPERLY yet? Correct jetting and all. Have they tried Premium fuel? I know most engines it really don't make a difference but maybe it does here.
Think about this, folks spend big money on pipes, jets, filters, etc. and they gain maybe 3hp (dyno'd) on the average and then brag that it is so awesome. Why are so many folks being so negative about a FREE "mod" that could potentialy do at least the same for hp gains?
As I said...my interest is in "wait and see" for others who do the mod PROPERLY, re-jet, and even better, dyno charts. I'm not intending to sound negative, only cautious.

And not only do loud pipes make the bike faster...don't forget lots of stickers!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wildcard
My mods to the stock can really seemed to help. I think the header is what is holding be back now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...r/finished.jpg
Interesting pic - are there more details posted somewhere of exactly what you did? I've done various searches of exhaust mods & don't remember seeing it.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Interesting pic - are there more details posted somewhere of exactly what you did? I've done various searches of exhaust mods & don't remember seeing it.
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...inished-35018/

Old 07-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I must say this is a ridiculous thread. Should i rename it to "if everyone else jumped off a bridge would you"? The whole process is written up, if you think you have the ability to do it good. If your scared of grenading your engine dont do it. What does it matter if someone else has done it.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
I must say this is a ridiculous thread. Should i rename it to "if everyone else jumped off a bridge would you"? The whole process is written up, if you think you have the ability to do it good. If your scared of grenading your engine dont do it. What does it matter if someone else has done it.
One example. Early threads on this forum had everyone drilling out their stock exhaust pea shooter. Then someone finally realizes this ruins the spark arrester. Lots of spark arresters destroyed for a mod that arguably has limited benefit. Some of us here study very carefully to make sure we really want to swim before jumping off the bridge.