alternatives too muzzy

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Default alternatives too muzzy

Well, I ordered the muzzy system yesterday; was told it would be here on Friday..HA! Received a call today..now it's going to be a MONTH AND A HALF![:@] REEDICKULOUS![:'(]. I know it's a popular system, but COME ON! Anyway, does anyone have alternatives(with part #'s)? I know that INCABIKER went w/white brothers, and I've seen some Big Gun used on here. What about FMF or Pro Circuit? I've always used FMF on my 2-strokes and was always happy. I guess my question is; will any brand klx 300 system work on our bikes? Any help would be awesome! Thanks guys.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Default RE: alternatives too muzzy

You are right Iowaguy. I was just looking at a complete exhaust(header on back) for my Jeep yesterday, and it was cheaper than the exhaust for my bike. It really is ridiculous. I think I might take your advice. My Muzzy is all pre-paid for, but it sounds like I have PLENTY of time to get my money back!

Old 04-26-2006, 04:03 AM

It isn't worth that much to me either, luckily I got my White Bros. Full Exhaust (Big diameter header and Muffler) for $150.00, I couldn't pass that up, so I got it. And let me tell you, it does add the power all over the range of the bike, but it adds even more up top, so now when you hit over 6,000 its insane. Not no High performance MX bike, but a hell of alot better then it used to be. Oh konacoiler, who did you order the muzzy from??

Old 04-26-2006, 04:03 AM

yeah i too called muzzy today actually and was told they wont have any for 30-60 days. i found the big gun evo x which comes with spark arrestor and quiet insert but they also are on backorder but only for 3 weeks i was told. i might get one. i also thought about a four stroke works headpipe and fmf or pro circuit muffler.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:09 AM

I ordered a muzzy slip on - figured I'd give it a shot and see if it fit - I remember reading something about it being a half inch short and the rumers were tru - Mine was about an inch short (u could easily weld on a one inch stainless extention) - I was pretty frustrated but It was my call to give it a shot - I had a "big gun" Full system overnighted from motorcycle superstore and maaaaaan it slid on like butter - sounds awesome too - what a difference - I paid 459.00 and its ceramic coated inside and out so the pipe stays alot cooler.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:48 AM

you ordered the race series? its the only one i see on there site. is it really loud?

Old 04-26-2006, 07:07 AM

I ordered mine through the dealer where I bought the bike. They ordered direct through Muzzy so the price was $427. I decided to do it since there was no shipping charge and I got $50 added onto a customer loyalty card(builds up value to be used for a purchase at their shop). That was when I thought it would be in on Fri. Was that Big Gun Evo for the KLX300? I'm assuming so since I haven't seen any exhaust for our bikes. My other question is the same as klxstifflers; is it extremely loud? I want it to sound good but not obnoxious. I leave for work at 4:30am and my neighbors might be a little p&*%$d at me if I'm rattling their windows at that time of morning. Thanks for all of the input.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:24 AM

Ok. This is getting damn frustrating. Earlier today I saw that Starcycle had the Muzzy on EBay for 349.99. I emailed and varified that they truly had one in stock, on the shelf and ready to ship. I received a reply saying "yes, they had one ready to ship out". SOOO, I went ahead and ordered it..and payed for it through Paypal. I just got home and here is an email from Starcycle stating "sorry, I thought there was one on the shelf, but someone got it just before you". [:@][:@] They said I'm getting a refund. They better have that money back on my debit card ASAP! SO, I'm either going to wait it out for my first order to get built and shipped, or cancel it altogether and keep on sounding like a damn moped. AARRGGHH! I really should listen to Iowaguys suggestion!

Old 04-26-2006, 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: konacoiler

Ok. This is getting damn frustrating. Earlier today I saw that Starcycle had the Muzzy on EBay for 349.99. I emailed and varified that they truly had one in stock, on the shelf and ready to ship. I received a reply saying "yes, they had one ready to ship out". SOOO, I went ahead and ordered it..and payed for it through Paypal. I just got home and here is an email from Starcycle stating "sorry, I thought there was one on the shelf, but someone got it just before you". [:@][:@] They said I'm getting a refund. They better have that money back on my debit card ASAP! SO, I'm either going to wait it out for my first order to get built and shipped, or cancel it altogether and keep on sounding like a damn moped. AARRGGHH! I really should listen to Iowaguys suggestion!
Lets just say that I was also provided false information by starcycle, and I was not pleased with there service at all. After 2 weeks of constant calling they finally gave me my refund. You have to talk to someone named Betty, apparently she is the only one who can give you your refund and apparently she never goes to work. Everytime I called she was never there, and no one else could give me my refund, that was damned FRUSTRATING[:@]

Quick Reply: alternatives too muzzy