AIR:FUEL screw cap AND wiring picture requested

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default AIR:FUEL screw cap AND wiring picture requested

I just picked up a 09 klx250s a week ago. 480 miles. Stock. Last night in the dark, I was quickly trying to locate the cap that covers the air:fuel screw cap/slug in order to remove it and install a future T screw instead. I didnt see it right off. Which side of the carb/bike is it on and what is the best/easiest way to remove it?

Also, could someone who is feeling bored/generous take a close up picture of the three/four relay(s)? and their location that are under the seat? They are rubber mounted on little metal fingers on the BLACK plastic inner fender. I am not sure that mine are in the correct positions as there was some relocating done in order to provide some room for a GPS antenna. I removed the GPS antenna and wonder if I have things back to snuff.

Lastly the positive lead wire/battery cable (appears stock/factory) seems LONG. I am wondering what the correct routing of this + cable is supposed to be. If you have your left sidecover off and would stake a detailed picture of the battery cable routing I would greatly appreciate that too. My cable, leaves the positive terminal of the battery, to the rear, and goes around the frame into the rear wheelwell area, then back into the electrical component area of the BLACK inner fender. Seems to me it shouldnt go around the frame, but I am unsure.

Thanks to all. I hope I can help others in the future. Ron

Old 10-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

In the dark? uhhhhhhh LOL ok anyway, welcome to the forums. I have an 06 so I'm no help, but someone should be on shortly.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah, in the dark with a small light. I thought it would be an obvious brass colored plug or something. I didnt notice it. Is it a brass plug or plastic plug? (covering the factory set screw)

Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

It's metal, some sort of metal that doesn't rust but not brass. Up flush with the carb body. You won't be able to just pull it out as it is pressed in place.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/search.php

Do a search, and work on it in the daylight. Then come back and ask questions.
hahaa

Old 10-27-2011, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

I just removed my fuel mixture plug. The dynojet came with a 5/32 drill and wood screw. Drill through the plug the mixture scew is under the plug so when you drill through be ready to pull out. Turn the wood screw into the 5/32 hole and pull it out with vice grips. You may have to pull side to side but it will come out easily

Old 10-27-2011, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

If you can't locate it I have an extra carb I could take a picture of it, let me know. It's located on the bottom dead center on the piston side of the carb. Mine had a black factory mark on it. There seems to be two plugs in this area, it is the one that sticks up the most. The other (wrong) plug had a green factory mark on it

Old 10-27-2011, 04:23 AM
1st Gear Member

There are some good pics around this forum. Probably in one of the stickys, and elsewhere. Not too sure about removing the plug while the carb is still on the bike. For me, it was a workbench project. Drill bit and wood screw as described above.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Would anybody be willing to take a picture of the wiring area beneath their seat?

Old 10-27-2011, 03:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Picture for you

Hope this helps you.

Attached Thumbnails AIR:FUEL screw cap AND wiring picture requested-underseatklx09.jpg  

Quick Reply: AIR:FUEL screw cap AND wiring picture requested