Air Fuel Mixture Screw Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vrede
Wow, everyone likes to dig on this forum. How about just helping a frustrated member out? Can you point me to a thread for modifying the stock air box?
Have you searched some of the threads on this forum for "airbox"? Did you look at the FAQ section at the top of this forum? When I'm new to a particular topic or a whole different motorcycle that I want info about, I usually go to different sites and read, and read, and read. Then if I have some questions that weren't clear, I ask the forum participants for clarification. It's fairly obvious you've done no research of the threads on this forum and little to no reading on the topics you're asking about. You're asking about two issues that are covered over and over again within a few minute read on this forum and others. But...that's probably not the reason for you getting a less-than-warm response to your question. It's probably the way you're framing your questions in an impatient and demanding tone. Honestly...I don't want to come off sounding like a "search ****" or a know-it-all, but a little reading and/or searching on this and other forums will give you some basic answers to your questions. In all probability you'll still have questions that need more indepth answers, and that's really where the forums and participants can help. I have helped and been helped a great deal on internet motorcycle forums, but there's a wealth of already "mined" info on this forum to help you get started.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow, I'm sorry I was told by a few other forums that I didn't need to rejet. However, after riding the bike I can clearly see the rejet necessary. All I am asking for is a link to a thread that show the air box mods.

I am not being unrealistic. I had a feeling the other forums were wrong and just disappointed to see that my feeling was correct. Sorry for showing emotion in my posts.

I have searched the forum only to find the thread that everyone is listing the mods they have and jet settings but no threads on how to mod the air box.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
Your either a little off in the head or your 12 years old. Either go get some meds form the doc or wait till you grow up. The people on this forum are of great help, if you have a problem with them, you have a problem with yourself.

Really was this called for?

Old 09-21-2010, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Back to the airbox thing. I was riding last night and heard the air box making some odd or not consistent noises. Today for the heck of it, I pulled the snorkel off. From 30 years exp, I decided this was all I needed to do to remove any air restriction. I also figured it would be louder. Some folks seem to think louder means more Horse power. It ran worse cold but once warmed up, it is better and no more inconsistant popping noise. I will be rejetting the carb. Probably get the DJ kit and be done with it.
FOR now, the exhaust stays stock. I believe I will get the most gain by more fuel. There may be a little more gained by adding an aftermarket pipe, but I got enough noise with the intake modified.

I read a LOT already, all 8 pages covering this bike. I found it interesting lots of stuff on how to make it faster. I have a fuel injected BMW 1100, so faster is not what I wanted. I did add a "chip" to the beemer and it helped a lot even with stock exhaust.

If I wanted faster, I would have bought a bigger bike.

100 and some miles the first day on the KLX250 62 Mpg and HOOT to drive.

Denrep is that you?

David

Old 09-21-2010, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

TNC, I did search but still couldn't find anything with actually instructions on the mods to the airbox. However, you were completely correct in pointing me to the Stickies. I do apologize that I missed those in my initial search.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

got any pics of the leo vince exhaust? where did you find it?

Old 09-21-2010, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member

I will take some pictures and post tonight. Actually I had to have my dealer call Leo direct in order for them to get it. Took about 3 weeks, although my shop does seem to take longer. It is only the slip-on but I picked it up for $315 and it retails for $350.

Here is the link to it on their site:

http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/sear...SAKI&Year=2009

Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

does it have an insert? How does it sound?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Work,

The Leo comes with 4 inserts; 2 long and 2 short. It also includes a spark arrestor and bath plug. I have the second to smallest insert in and it is loud. My buddy says it sounds like a helicopter, when I pull away.

I just took some good pictures, they should be posted soon!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Quick Reply: Air Fuel Mixture Screw Help