ahaha I lied about the drz400 iam getting a klx250 when i get off work tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Default RE: ahaha I lied about the drz400 iam getting a klx250 when i get off work tomorrow

Well, I see that government inbreeding program is alive and well...

Just because you wear a helment all the time doesn't make you a motorcycle rider. Now go back to the special olympics and line up for your hundred meter drool and brick f**k you signed up for.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Default RE: ahaha I lied about the drz400 iam getting a klx250 when i get off work tomorrow

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

ORIGINAL: gfoster

Have you ridden a KLX250?, they are a dog and I am being generous. I own a 2006 DRZ400 and a 2006 KLX250S and I can assure you that the DRZ is head and shoulders a better bike. You can get used to the weight but you will never get used to the lack of performance. I have all the upgrade parts on order for the KLX and hopefully the bike will run after investing another $500 into a $5,000 dollar bike. If you look at the specs the DRZ weighs 291 and the KLX weighs 262, not a big difference.

I just got back from Silverton, CO riding the Alpine loop from approx 8000 to 13000 ft, the DRZ ran great, the KLX barely made it, the bike is a disgrace off the showroom floor. I bought it for my son for the lower clearance, however, if I could do it over, he would be riding a DRZ. Do yourself a favor, DON'T BUY THE KLX!
this is a laughable post. I rode my uncle's friends DRZ-400 last summer. I am an ex- mxer and rode this 400. I can't tell you how disappointed I was. The bike WOULDN'T EVEN WHEELIE! I weigh in at 155 lbs, 5'7" and I was clutching the crap out of it. I GUARANTEE that my KLX would stomp it in any race but a full on top end rush or drag race, but it may keep up with it with mods on top end as I had my KLX at 95 mph this weekend on the way home- I do not recommend it though. The 400 obviously has more torque but the thing is a boat anchor and it's susp. parts date back to the '80's. The 400 is not a better bike, let alone head and shoulders a better bike. the KLX is so far ahead of the 400 in styling, technology, and versatility it's not really worth mentioning the two together. The KLX is so agile while the 400 is a hog and can't get out of it's own way. I'll admit the KLX is a pooch in stock form, but with a pipe and the free mods along with a couple jets the thing flat out rocks.

Not to feed the troll but I have to disagree with your post about the DRZ. I still have mine that I use to race. It's a great off road bike. I street legalize mine now and ride it on dual sport ride. I have 15/44 sprockets on it now and I can pull wheelies a block long. I race a Gas Gas 300EC now.

I bought a new KLX250S for my wife and it's a great looking bike with very little power. She rides a 2000 XR200 offroad so I thought this would be a good upgrade. For the intent that I bought this bike for it's great, but for me personnally I can't every imagine racing this thing even with all the mods. Sorry, I know this is a KLX forum.

Dave

Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

WOW!! The block user button is awesome!!!! Give it a try, its like muting the TV when the commercials come on.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:32 AM

I have all my parts on order and am looking forward to the day that the KLX250 will run as you described in your post.

Is what's laughable is your statement the the KLX will perform as well as a DRZ fully stock, that's laughable. I own both bikes, you can't sell that one.

If you want a bike out of the box that will run with no mods buy a DRZ, if you want to spend another $500, rebuild it, buy the KLX.

As for weight, there is a 29 pound difference between the bikes, 291 - 262 = 29. Data taken from the websites.

I don't own Suzuki stock and have nothing to gain from pumping the DRZ, however, Kawasaki should put a disclaimer on the bike stating that it will need to be "upgraded" if you intent to do anything other than ride on level ground at sea level.

Matt Nelson of 4 strokes.com seems to like the DRZ, the article starts with:

The Suzuki DRZ400S is currently the best dual purpose bike on the market. Stock I would say the DRZ400S is suited for 75% dirt, 25% street.

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/suzuki/drz400su.asp

Old 07-25-2006, 05:44 AM

main reason for not getting the drz its wider.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

what i meant was with my modded KLX, it will keep up with a stock 400 i guarantee it. i've ridden both and my KLX rips right now. the article you mention, i didn't even read it cuz i could care, but if some dude says that the old hat DRZ 400 with conventional shocks and 300 lb weight is better than the new Huskys he's smoking crack. now that's laughable. take a look at the new husky dual purpose bikes, they are state of the art. had i done more shopping i may have one of them in my garage instead of the KLX.
I almost bought a Husky too but the distributor up here has no parts in stock. A few friends down in WA state got them and they are great off-road bikes. As a street bike I wouldn't say they are great. I think I will get the 07 KTM EXC when they come out. They should be street legal.

I don't understand why you think the KLX is more "high tech" than the DRZ. They both are over head cam, multi value motors. Both are electric start. The DRZ is a dry sump motor vs. the KLX wet sump (dry sump is more high tech). Those conventional forks are twin camber and 49mm. When Suzuki used them on the RM it was consider the best fork out there. Just because everyone is using USD forks now doesn't mean that those forks are worst than the KLX forks. The 43mm USD on the KLX is a single camber fork and not even close to the forks used on MX bikes. Most importantly the DRZ has a huge aftermarket.

I'm 40 years old and been racing since I was 14 and wrenching since I was 20. I do like both bikes but I just don't understand your statements you make regarding the DRZ. BTW, mods DRZ are making upward of 60hp. I know I might be stepping on people toes here (KLX forum) but I don't like statements that is non-factual.

Dave

Old 07-26-2006, 12:47 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gfoster

I don't own Suzuki stock and have nothing to gain from pumping the DRZ, however, Kawasaki should put a disclaimer on the bike stating that it will need to be "upgraded" if you intent to do anything other than ride on level ground at sea level.
You are an idiot and from now will be on ignore

Quick Reply: ahaha I lied about the drz400 iam getting a klx250 when i get off work tomorrow