Aggresive acceleration - on a KLX!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Aggresive acceleration - on a KLX!

So I'm riding to work this morning on my KLX. Usually I take my DR650, but today I felt greenish. Anyway, my commute takes me past several other factories and office buildings, and there are always cars trying to turn left but can't because of on-coming traffic. Everything comes to a halt and you just inch forward. The car in front of me stops to turn left, and there's a paved parking lot to my right, so I pass them on the right. The speed limit is 45.

As I pull into work, here comes a town cop with his pretty LED lights flashing. I park, get off, and say "Good morning, officer. What's the problem?" He asks if I'm late ( I wasn't), then asks what my hurry was. I say I don't understand, because all of the traffic limited me to about 35 MPH. He says he didn't like the way I passed the car on the right.It's legal, is it not? Yes, it's legal he says, but you accelerated unsafely - I could write you up for aggressive acceleration. WTF is that? Define "aggressive acceleration" - I didn't do a wheelie, never spun a tire, and didn't break the speed limit, so what was unsafe about it? "No you didn't, but your motor was really revving, and I think that's unsafe" he says. It's a 250 for Christ's sake (well, a 340, but he doesn't know that), of course it revs high! This isn't a sport bike or a 1300cc cruiser - it's a dirt bike with lights and a plate, I tell him.

Well that was the wrong thing tosay.I give him my license and registration, and he runs my plate. I am pissed beyond words! [:@] All of my coworkers are pulling in now, and I'm little embarassed. He gets out the car, hands me back my cards, and proceeds to give me a 15-minute lecture on motorcycle safety - "...I've seen too many people killed on motorcycles..." Obviously this guy has issues, and now I am late. I interrupt his sermon with "...so, are you writing me up or what?". "No", he says, "but watch the RPMs from now on." Kiss my a$s!

Sorry for the rant, but I've had to repeat this story at least 50 times so far this morning, and I just thought I'd share it you all too.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Aggresive acceleration - on a KLX!

Hahaha thats the best one i've heard so far...What a ...... he was.. I would have ask him to show me the line in the motorvehicule law where they talk about Rpm speed limit...you would have won the ticket in court against him. He had no way to tell the exact rpm...

Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

What an ***.......

My sister in law just got pulled over past few days. He pulls her over, after she just pulled onto the road. The cop comes up and says that she was doing 50 in a 35.... she wasnt, So she askes him that he thinks that she was doing 50 from the road she turned off of until when she got pulled over.... so she gives him her license and stuff, he comes back and says "I think you were doing 40"... she has a smart mouth on her to begin with, so she kinda goes off a little on him, " he thinks " she was doing 40.... this whole time the car was still in drive, so now she decides to put it in park, and let her foot off the brake, so the car moves a little and the cop freeks out and yells at her about trying to run him over, and destroy police property, so she got a citation for trying to destroy police property or some crap... and it was the chief of police...... what a dick.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:15 PM
1st Gear Member

There are any number of laws they can squeeze you into if they feel like it. I've come to the conclusion that there's almost nothing that isn't against the law in one way or another.

Legislators are running out of things to make illegal. Troubling...

Mike

Old 04-22-2008, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member

That's why I HATE cops, I've got plenty of stories like that, granted most of them are in my younger days, with alot faster vehicles but still the same ****.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

see you dang crazy KLX riders need to slow down...LOL

Old 04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

He's just pissed cause when he was a little boy he used to get picked on by bikies!!!!!
Cheers!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah a lot of the coppers in AUS just like to pick on trailbike riders, I think their just jealous they don't have a KLX.

Cheers
Chris.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Here's a cop story I heard.....one of my neighbors wasabout to backout of his driveway to go to work when a cop who happened to be driving by put on his lights, so my neighbor pulled back in his driveway. The cop pulled in behind him. He walked up to my neighbors window and asked "Did you know it's illegal to back out onto a road?"...my neighbor said "Then how are you getting out?"...I don't know if he got a ticket..lol

Old 04-23-2008, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

You should have told the cop its only a "moped with knobbies".

Quick Reply: Aggresive acceleration - on a KLX!