Aftermarket exhaust optons

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Default RE: Aftermarket exhaust optons

I am in Australia and know that the Staintune is a great pipe no questions. But when it comes to bang for buck i just couldnt fork out a$1000for it.I got the Muzzy full system shipped to my front door from JC motors incalifiorniawith a jet kit for a tad over 500 aussie dollars. -Now that is bang for buck.

Do yourself a favour shop around, look at ebay stores, look at other suppliers as well as manufacturers......you will find that most dealers can sell cheaper than suppliers. Shop around man, shop around.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

I checked out a Big Gun exhaust today at my dealer. And on the BG site, they list for $479 american, and the dealer could sell me one for $525(CDN). Which I thought was a waaaay better price than buying off the net for $479 + duty and other junk... I don't know if theVisacan take the hit though. I don'thave the money right now

Old 09-07-2007, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

If it matters to anyone...I'm running an FSW header and an FMF powercore IV silencer on my bike.The header uses the factory heat shield (like i ordered it) to prevent the dreaded flaming jeans or smoking leathers syndrome.It did however need a small ding to clear the cam oiler tube to the heads....Jerry Lieghton (owner of FSW)said this will NOT affect the performance of the system.
however i did have to tig weld the slots shut on the header and cut them into the FMF pipe to allow the clamp to seal it as it was cut the wrong way.If you call him to order it just tell him what muffler you are using and it will come to you the way it was meant to.....I did not know this at the time.I ran my bike for a few months with a#40 pilot and a DJ126 main and found it was too rich down low so i switched to a #38 pilot and a DJ#128 main and found that it is darn near absolutley perfect as you can get with the screw out 3 turns.......this is just my experience with what i have....
I recently installed a quiet core and it dampened the volume ALOT and the power is totally unaffected from my seat of the pants feel and the plug readings are still dead on.....

Old 09-11-2007, 03:06 AM

Can someone please tell me exactly which jet kit, needle, and spring I need to buy if I'm getting the Big Gun exhaust for my 2006 250X? I just can't seem to find a clear answer, and the exhaust will be here any day! Thanks.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: surfwitben

Can someone please tell me exactly which jet kit, needle, and spring I need to buy if I'm getting the Big Gun exhaust for my 2006 250X? I just can't seem to find a clear answer, and the exhaust will be here any day! Thanks.
Dynojet kit will have all the brass you'll need, at a price premium of course.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 AM

Thanks. I'm definitely going with dynojet, but which one? Is it the 130 or 134 or something like that?

Old 09-12-2007, 06:55 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: surfwitben

Thanks. I'm definitely going with dynojet, but which one? Is it the 130 or 134 or something like that?
It's the only kit for the KLX300. The KLX300 has the same carb as the 250.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 AM

Thanks sinko. I'm on the phone right now making my order

Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Ijust recieved my FMF Q4 Muffler and Power bomb head pipe. I'll be installing them this weekend, while doing so a Valve adjustment, and rejet rhecarb. I've had FMF pipes on my YZsin the past and have hadexcellent performance from them.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I have the FMF power bomb header with the Big gun Evo x muffler works good!

I like to be diffrent.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket exhaust optons