After new head and intake valves.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: After new head and intake valves.....

Sorry Eric, um that is the old one from my bike so I'm not sure what else you need. The tensioner works off that spring, and will max out, I don't want to touch the one on my bike for fear of screwing something up, but that's not the way to compare. Every tensioner is going to be at a different notch depending on where their chain is in the wear process. I hope that helps. Sorry. You may even have a chain that is so loose that the tensioner is slapping against the guide.[&:]

Old 06-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Well, if it were mine, I'd be very reluctant to take it back to that dealer, as I know you are too. Even though Kawi said not to, I'd still find another dealer, someone that you can get a good reference from and have them do the work. Get a list of parts that the other dealer replaced so that they know what has been replaced and thus you shouldn't get billed for them. My concern with the other dealer is that they could make a bad situation worse, they've already demonstrated their incompetence and complete disregard for your bike. I'm convinced that they are both incompetent, and they don't give a ****. That's a bad combination. Please find another dealer even if you have to shop around to find a good one, they are out there. Eat the cost of a few parts if you have to, just don't go back there.

And keep calling Kawi back until you can get that Mary person. If you can get the right people involved, you might be able to make more progress.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats what im wondering......if the tensioner is all the way out and leaving slack in the chain....i wanted to see how far others are out...

Old 06-21-2007, 04:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Eric, do you have the shop manuals for the bike? If there are any measurements/specs you need let me know and I'll look them up/scan them when I get home ~5 or 5:30 tonight. How many miles are on your bike? E-mail me so I remember and I can take my tensioner out and measure it. I have 4300 miles on mine. I can try to measure chain slack as well, I was going to check my valve clearances shortly anyway, no reason why it can't be tonight.

Again pics, measurements, whatever you need I'll supply them.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

bike has just over 6000........

Old 06-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Take your bike over to Bad Bear and let him give it a going over. Screw the stealership. It's probably just a $20 part anyway. This is why I don't buy extended warranties - even if something does go wrong, you are completely at the mercy of someone else, who may or may not give a rats a$$ about your bike. Any competent mechanic can figure out that tick, there are only so many things that it can possibly be, it's just a simple engine which only has so many moving parts. Your dealer does NOT have a competent mechanic. Whatever you do, don't go back there, man.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i bought it mainly cause i knew something wasnt right, and was trying to avoid big bills to fix it.....
[:'(]

Old 06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Completely random thought. Do you still have the stock pipe? If so toss that on and start it again and see if you can pinpoint the noise better. The BG is kinda loud for pinpointing noise location. Might help, might not, just tossing out ideas.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Well, if it were mine, I'd be very reluctant to take it back to that dealer, as I know you are too. Even though Kawi said not to, I'd still find another dealer, someone that you can get a good reference from and have them do the work. Get a list of parts that the other dealer replaced so that they know what has been replaced and thus you shouldn't get billed for them. My concern with the other dealer is that they could make a bad situation worse, they've already demonstrated their incompetence and complete disregard for your bike. I'm convinced that they are both incompetent, and they don't give a ****. That's a bad combination. Please find another dealer even if you have to shop around to find a good one, they are out there. Eat the cost of a few parts if you have to, just don't go back there.

And keep calling Kawi back until you can get that Mary person. If you can get the right people involved, you might be able to make more progress.
+1[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 06-22-2007, 06:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I dont know how you keep your kool, if they started it up and it was me, as freely as i speek id be like what the F*** is that. what are you guys morons? ... yeah i would of deff lost my kool.Coudlnt another dealership or shop take a look at it see what they think is wrong at a small price? whats the name and location where you been taking the bike to so people can avoid going there?

Quick Reply: After new head and intake valves.....