After new head and intake valves.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: After new head and intake valves.....

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

If it were my bike I'd run the be-Jesus out if it just like that, making that kind of racket it's unlikely that the motor will stay together for long, then you will inherit a new mill via warranty.
Surely even your lousy shop has the capacity to swap out an engine.
+11111111111111111

5 minute sin neutral at rev limiter should do it ;D
thats what i woulda done... 2 days after ya get it back it self destructs... aint no way theyd be gettin outta that

Old 06-21-2007, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Did they measure the cam chain before they put it in? The factory manual should specify a certain allowable length that the cam chain can be. Do they have another KLX250S around their shop or showroom floor? You should ask them to start it and compare the sounds. Or ask someone who has one to ride theirs to the shop with yours. Did they verify good oil flow to the rockers? Did they look for any signs of the chainslapping against any other surfaces? Let the dealer know you paid good money andthey should have given you a good motorcycle in return. If the store manager will not see things your way, speak with the store owner. If he is willing to lose future purchases and his reputation because of it, then go to Kawasaki about it.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Ok guys, Well i called that number that Patrick gave me, Mary was "on the other line" so i got transferred to someone else. He was saying that Kawicant deal with customers, for replacement parts, i have to take it back to a dealer to get anything done, and i repeated that in disbelief.... that was about the time my wife grabbed the phone and started, she isa medical biller so she gets people calling and yelling at her all the time, so she was talking to him for a while. Which pretty much ended up at this 1. I HAVE to take it back to the same shop, which i dont want to do, 2. Kawi will pay for overnighted parts cost to the dealer. 3. The dealer didnt call the kawi tech support for help. The reason i have to take it back to the same dealer is because if i take it to another dealer and they replace parts that the other shop did kawi will see that as double and charge me for it. But that then goes back to the mechanics judgement on what he thinks is "wrong" Thats what sucks, kawi is assuming that the dealer has mechanics that know what they are doing and are good..... but if they dont... your screwed. Oh, and i have had the mechanic start up the KLX on the sales floor and compare it to mine..... I guess his theory is that he cant find anything wrong so it must be ok......Im gonna ask for a favor, can someone take out thier cam chain tensioner and measure or something how far out it is? He said that the chain was fine, but im sure he didnt check the gears..... something is not right. I think it has to do with the timing chain. So end result- i have to take it back to the same dealer which is f*cked up...... They cant do anything unless the bikes at the shop, all the suggestions you guys made are wonderful, but they just arnt gonna happen, no matter how much my wife or I yell or anything.... they have to follow the steps they are supposed to. The guy said he is a rider and he knows what that would be like and felt bad...... WTF im still screwed, back to the same damn garage to deal with the same damn "parts changer" [:@][:'(]

Old 06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Mate that is seriously one noisy motor, maybe we should all (politely) email Kawasaki service dept about it if anyone knows the address.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:01 PM

Damn, has anyone else been having this many problems with our kawasaki??

Old 06-21-2007, 12:22 PM
1st Gear Member

hi eric,
i dont post alot on here, but ive had a problem on my sons bike for a long time, trying to chase it down just like your"s. replaced everything on it. come to find out it was the oil pump drive gear was
worn. put a new pump assy in and no more noise. sounds just like yours. good luck. gary

Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hialtrider

hi eric,
i dont post alot on here, but ive had a problem on my sons bike for a long time, trying to chase it down just like your"s. replaced everything on it. come to find out it was the oil pump drive gear was
worn. put a new pump assy in and no more noise. sounds just like yours. good luck. gary
Thanks, ill mention that to them when i take it back.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Eric, I'm flying into pittsburgh Monday the 25th and leaving Friday 29th. I'm staying downtown walking distance to the convention center, my afternoon/evenings are free. As you know I've torn my motor apart several times,if you want we could take a peek inside and check the oil pump gear, tensioner, valve clearanceetc. Maybe even slip in a kickstarter real quick.

My fee isone local stout per hour.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Eric, sorry to hear about your experience, in my opinion Kawi just added insult to injury. I am getting ready to leave for Tacoma for the weekend, but I went out in the shop and took a couple of pics for you.

Here are 3 pics of different measurements, I hope this helps, get yours out of the bike just to make sure.

Total length 3 inches

Inside bold shoulder to end 1-1/2

Spring is 2-1/2

Again I hope this helps, I just couldn't leave without posting the measurements. Good luck buddy, I'll have the Blackberry with me all weekend, let us know what happens. Just remember even though we are not all experiencing the same thing as you, collectively we all are feeling what you are going through.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Deej i wanted to know how far out the tensioner is..... take the center bolt out first while its on the bike then take it out, i wanna see how far out everyone elses tensioner is.....

Quick Reply: After new head and intake valves.....