After new head and intake valves.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: After new head and intake valves.....

tell that mechanic, so he calls himself. to put the f**king crack pipe down [:@]

Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

deej they also replaced the cam chain tensioner.... remember this?

Yea that's part of the problem.... I'm a nice guy...... but ill call and not be so nice..... try at least. the mechanic saw nothing wrong with how it sounded..... i wanted him to replace the cam chain...but he didn't.
Yea I remember that, but its a whole new ball game now, your motor has been molested more than a kid at never land ranch, get on the phone and tell them youhave a hundred guys that will make the same call or start e-mailing them. They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, I beg to differ. You get a few voices talking, and then let's see what happens. Oh and I would take Patrick up on the offer, after all he could possibly bring a whole new level of bad press to the table. Get-em Patrick.go for the jugular.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member

(949) 770-0400 option 3 is the warrenty dept,

Mary Sola is the Manager of the Warrenty dept.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Man that just ain't right, but you already know that.

That's even noiser than a KTM. [&:]

Good luck, man. I agree with others - get on the horn with Kawi and be polite but firm. You don't have to be mean as that can get you nowhere too, but you don't have to roll over and accept anything less than full warranty coverage for your bike repair. You paid your money, you even paid for extra warranty. All you want is your bike fixed and working normally. You've gone through the proper channels available to you and the problem is still not fixed. Tell them all this and that you will not accept a malfunctioning bike and if needed you will file a complaint with the Chamber of Commerce, and even contact an attorney to discuss your options. Let them know that you are tired of being jerked around and you want resolution!

Before you call, get all your facts straight - document each time you had it to the dealer(s) and how long they had it and that each time the problem was not fixed and is still not fixed after it being at the dealer for 45 days this last time. Completely unacceptable! Make sure they know what you've been through already and that you've had enough. But don't call them names or insult their mother. Yet.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I cant believe a mechanic would let a bike leave his shop sounding like that, give em hell

Old 06-21-2007, 12:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Eric, you are apatient man I would have lost my mind by now! I'm a nice, calm guy until I think someone is screwing me! I would take Nobrakes advice and start calling everyone that has anything to do with Kawasaki (Nicely) And whenthat doesn't work go crazy! If that mechanic insists that their is nothing wrong with your bike you can refer him to this thread and he can read that, NONEof our bike sound like that, (new or old!!!!) good luck!!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:21 AM
1st Gear Member

How about this: Take your bike back to the dealer and have them start a new 250 bike and compare it to yours. I bet when their faces turn red that will be all she wrote.[:@]

Old 06-21-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

How about this: Take your bike back to the dealer and have them start a new 250 bike and compare it to yours. I bet when their faces turn red that will be all she wrote.[:@]
i wouldnt dare take it back to the same shop... one of my demands would be a recomendation from Kaw for a REAL dealer relatively close.

p.s. worse comes to worse.. start phonin the media. our local news has a consumer report.. it covers business's that rip people off locally and brings LOTS of bad attention to em.. le the dealer/Kaw know your getting ready to pursue that route if necessary. i guarantee the dealer falls all over himself to remedy the situation at that point.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

You know what would top the whole thing off is if Kawi mad the first dealer pay for the whole thing out of pocket. Yea that's the ticket.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:50 AM
1st Gear Member

If it were my bike I'd run the be-Jesus out if it just like that, making that kind of racket it's unlikely that the motor will stay together for long, then you will inherit a new mill via warranty.
Surely even your lousy shop has the capacity to swap out an engine.

Quick Reply: After new head and intake valves.....