After new head and intake valves.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default After new head and intake valves.....

It still sounds like this....
http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=MVI_3884.flv
(copy and paste into address bar)

What do ya think? Sound good?

Old 06-20-2007, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: After new head and intake valves.....

Hey EMS that sounds like the cam chain is slapping does it do it worse when you let off the throttle ??? Sounds like the tensioner is not working at all .... If they did a head and valves on your bike I doult it needed any of that did they show you the bad parts???? Its hard to tell from a video but That sounds like a cam chain.... Wish I was there I would tell you what it is these so called dealer mechanics are idots[:'(]

Old 06-20-2007, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 for the timing chain slap. It could also be that the valve clearances are too wide, but thats really loud to be even that. Almost sounds like a diesel.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

(866) 802-9381 Kawasaki warrenty dept. Good luck

Old 06-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bad Bear

Hey EMS that sounds like the cam chain is slapping does it do it worse when you let off the throttle ??? Sounds like the tensioner is not working at all .... If they did a head and valves on your bike I doult it needed any of that did they show you the bad parts???? Its hard to tell from a video but That sounds like a cam chain.... Wish I was there I would tell you what it is these so called dealer mechanics are idots[:'(]
its actually better sounding at higher rpms.... the worse when idling..... i wish you were here too...... "mechanics" yea right..... the only true mechanic i know is my dad.....

Ill be calling that patrick.....Thank You!

Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

man i can't beleive you got it back from the shop sounding like that[>:]send that to kawi see what they think. call the number that plameau just gave you and raise hell bro.[:@]

Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Can Eric pull out the adjuster and see whats going on? If you need a new one I have the original one out of my bike that they thought was a problem, I don't see anything wrong with it, and really my bike still makes some noise for about 3 minutes until its warmed up then its ultra quiet. Well except for the Muzzy. I can't believe they let you take it home like that, sounds like metal to metal noise. I would definitely not run it anymore until you get it fixed. Take out the cam chain adjuster and make sure the spring got put back in, that would certainly make that noise if its either not working or the spring was not in there. Let me know.

1st Gear Member

Eric, If you want me to call "for" you I will. I know you will be nice, but that aint gonna cut it. You need to tell them what dealers did what work and how long it took. Its a simple problem but they are being lazy about it.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Eric!

That doesn't sound normal! My bike didn't sound like that when it was new, it doesn't sound like that now. I'm not a certified motorcycle mechanic, but I did just change out the piston and cylinder, and my engine sounds nothing like yours. I'm amazed that they gave it back to you like that. I also vote that it's time to call Kawasaki direct.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

deej they also replaced the cam chain tensioner.... remember this?
Name:  tensioner001.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  64.4 KB

Yea thats part of the problem.... im a nice guy...... but ill call and not be so nice..... try at least. the mechanic saw nothing wrong with how it sounded..... i wanted him to replace the cam chain...but he didnt.

Quick Reply: After new head and intake valves.....