Acerbis tank pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Acerbis tank pics

A couple of people PM'd me for photos of the Acerbis tank installed so here they are...

Name:  Acertop.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  111.1 KB

Name:  Acerside.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  118.6 KB

Old 02-24-2008, 06:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Acerbis tank pics

Sorry Scott, but I still say that is one ugly looking tank. I hope you won't hold it against me though next time we go riding and I need to bum some gas off of you. I will say it looks better than Marty's did with the supermoto fender on it. It probably wouldn't look so bad if you could put some oem style graphics on it.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:35 PM
1st Gear Member

i like the acerbis tanks, but hate how blan they are. i have one on my xr and its just so meh looking. but def worht the extra gallons

Old 02-24-2008, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Is there any modification that need to be done to the bike to fit the Acerbis tank? If so what are they?

Old 02-24-2008, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Jeff, there is no way I am giving you fuel inless You pretend that You like the tank! JK!

It is definitely function over form...Your right though, with the right graphics it would probably look alot better. The apearance of the tank doesn't really bother me though. With the fat tank & Dirtbags saddle bags on it looks like it is ready to go anywhere and back again, lol.

Martindktm, the tank fits right on but, in stock form it is a poor design because the petcock pickup is well above the "wings" preventing You from getting all of the fuel out of it. I made internal pickups to get all of the fuel out of the wings.

I give a better description here:
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_265250/tm.htm

Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok thanks, And thats the same one they list for the klx300...?

Old 02-24-2008, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, it is actually listed as a KLX300 tank. I bought mine through motosport for $199.99 shipped. Just search for KLX300 Acerbis tank, it fits our bike fine.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Just wanted to let everybody know that my internal "wing" pick up lines did not work. When I ran the tank down and put it on reserve the engine just dies... [:@]What is happening is it is loosing its "prime" and the carb (I am running a Bill Blue pumper & 330 kit now) has no suction power to re-prime it. When I tested the tank with water before I put it on the bike I ran the tank dry all at one shot which never let the pickup lines loose there prime/get air in them. I even put a long piece of fuel line on the petcock, blew into it and set it to "reserve" and watched the inside of the gas tank to see if my pickup lines had any leaks and they did not... if I ran it on reserve all the time the pick up lines would never loose there prime but, I wouldn't trust it on a far out ride... Hope what I am writing is understandable.[8D] So, I'll just run the tank as designed and hopefully get close to 3 gallons out of it anyhow...

Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

I think with the design of that tank, when the fuel is getting close to the level where is gets trapped in the wings you are supposed to find a big table top jump and pull a flattie whip over it so you canget the fuel over to the other side. And all you thought those supercross guys did them because they look cool.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

QuiteThumper I think the internal mod you did is worth trying but with the addition of a vaccuum fuel pump. So you will be able to pump out the rest of the fuel below the petcock.

Quick Reply: Acerbis tank pics