Acerbis Part Order Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Marty, THANKS!!

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
Just lay the bike over and the gas will come out of those wings...
That kind of helps, but it only gets a lil splash of gas into the "petcock bowl". That'll get you maybe another mile or so, until you have to lean her over again... Not fun on the highway. [:'(] Had to do it a few times. I don't recommend this tank for this reason. I know others are happy with it though.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

Not meaning to rain on your parade, but I'm very unhappy with my Acerbis tank... [&:]
The gas in the wings cannot be used because it's below the petcock... There is almost .9 gallons in both wings... So effectively the tank is 2.8 usable gallons, plus .9 gallons of dead weight that you're carrying around for eternity.

Bastards won't respond to my complaints... I love Acerbis stuff but this ticks me off.
I'm waiting for the Clarke tank to come out.

The Acerbisdoesn't have the look or functionality that I am looking for either. I have also been waiting to see what Clarkeis going to offer. No wings please!!! Otherwise I will install the KLX300 tank and do the after market fans and have the expense of shrouds and new graphics.I just keep wonderingwhy Kawasaki would put a 1.9 gal. tank on a bike that is supposed to be for adventure riding? U.S. regs. I guess!

Old 02-12-2007, 06:44 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mmatz
I just keep wonderingwhy Kawasaki would put a 1.9 gal. tank on a bike that is supposed to be for adventure riding? U.S. regs. I guess!
It's the same tank as we get in Aus, so it has nothing to do with US regs, its a styling thing I reckon

Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the input Garry. Are you running the stock tank?

Old 02-12-2007, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: mmatz
The Acerbisdoesn't have the look or functionality that I am looking for either. I have also been waiting to see what Clarkeis going to offer. No wings please!!! Otherwise I will install the KLX300 tank and do the after market fans and have the expense of shrouds and new graphics.I just keep wonderingwhy Kawasaki would put a 1.9 gal. tank on a bike that is supposed to be for adventure riding? U.S. regs. I guess!
Don't forget about the IMS tank option. With that you still have to do the radiator fan mod, but you get to keep your stock shrouds. I think there is some very minor trimming involved, but Nobrakes or bmwhd can weigh in on that.

I personally went for the KLX300 tank because I got it for free along with two sets of shrouds. I got lucky, of course, but for anyone that is considering the 300 tank approach, there are deals on Ebay almost all the time. Sometimes people get goof and pay about $150 for a used 300 tank. Other times I have seen them go for about $50 plus S&H of about $20. Not too shabby. I have been extremely happy with the extra miles I get on my 300 tank. I usually hit reserve at about 105 to 110. I have gone as high as 116 before hitting reserve. The tank is reported to hold 2.6 gallons, I think, but I have "experimentally determined" that it hold just a few drops over 2.8.