Acerbis Part Order Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Default Acerbis Part Order Information

As is the custom on this forum, we like to include links and part number for all that we find for our bikes.

The Acerbis 3.7 gallon tank and accessories that I ordered can be purchased here:

3.7 Acerbis Gas Tank

Acerbis Petcock (Tony - that's a single word!)

Acerbis Gas Tank Cap

The place I ordered from is Ride Now, which is associated with Arizona Motorsports.

All the parts should be shipping today or Monday. I'll keep y'all posted on their service.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Default RE: Acerbis Part Order Information

ORIGINAL: Marty

As is the custom on this forum, we like to include links and part number for all that we find for our bikes.

The Acerbis 3.7 gallon tank and accessories that I ordered can be purchased here:

3.7 Acerbis Gas Tank

Acerbis Petcock (Tony - that's a single word!)

Acerbis Gas Tank Cap

The place I ordered from is Ride Now, which is associated with Arizona Motorsports.

All the parts should be shipping today or Monday. I'll keep y'all posted on their service.

Hope this helps.
Oh damnit Marty, you've made me go out and spend more money on the bike. lol, jk man, thanks for all the info, now I don't think I will have to refuel this sucker for weeks at a time. I found these guys last night too, but I thought that the tank came with the gas cap, I guess I was wrong. Also I was very surprised to find that the petcock was so cheap, I could have sworn I read someone spent close to $70 on a KLX 300 petcock, I may be wrong, but when I read that I definatley new I wasn't gonna get the IMS tank.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Ordered mine... Is it here yet?

Old 04-21-2006, 04:36 PM

I would appreciate some pics of the tank and your install of it. I mean, if you're taking requests.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:14 PM

Bonafide,

I plan on doing a complete install article on the Acerbis tank, complete with photos.

If there are any changes that need to be made, or any tweaks, I'll also make note of them.

Just trying to take the pain of installation away.

Actually, I've been thinking seriously of buying some bedliner paint and coating the top of the Acerbis gas tank so it looks stock. I was thinking about putting some KLX250S graphics on the sides, but that adds $120 to the cost! I don't think so! This is a functional bike, not a show piece!

I keep hitting the tracking number, when it gets here, y'all will be the second to know!

Old 04-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the tank, fellas. You will love the extra range as I can attest from having the IMS tank. The Acerbis will give you about 1/2 gallon more than the IMS I think, but I personally like the look of the IMS tank better. It is nice that you don't have to remove the stock fan like we did with the IMS install - not that making a smaller replacement is too difficult, but that's just one less thing you have to worry about. I look forward to seeing your photos and reading your reports.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:17 PM

Brian,

Please don't think I am dissing the IMS tank. Hey, any tank that will provide more than 90 miles of gas is an improvement. I just like the Acerbis tank more than I do the IMS tank. You like the IMS better than the Acerbis.

That's why they make Fords and Chevys. Some drive one, some the other.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Brian,

Please don't think I am dissing the IMS tank. Hey, any tank that will provide more than 90 miles of gas is an improvement. I just like the Acerbis tank more than I do the IMS tank. You like the IMS better than the Acerbis.

Hey now wait a minute, you left out the best truck of all. So here it is. LOL

[IMG]local://upfiles/897/056D46336A664006B0992A836DADDF5F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-22-2006, 02:16 AM

I ordered everything early this morning and its telling me that I have a 1-2 week wait, thats alright with me. So in 1-2 weeks I will take a trip down to Florida on my KLX 250 and see if the valves get messed up, and I will do it all on one tank of gas. Doh, that will get me only 222 miles.

Old 04-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Not at all, Marty - I was sincere when I said I was looking forward to your report. The photos I've seen so far look good. I did think about going the way of the Acerbis, though, because as just about everyone agrees, the stock tank is just too dang small and fitting the IMS was questionable. However, I'm a little partial to the looks of the IMS tank, so when Todd got it to fit, that's the one I went with, even though it requires some mods and has less volume than the Acerbis. I refuse to lock in though - my tastes have been known to change over time and one day I may have an Acerbis on my bike. I love choices

Regarding a source for the tank, keep E-bay in mind. Every now and then one shows up there and you can get a good price, both on the IMS as well as the Acerbis. I bought my IMS new, though, since I wanted the natural translucent color. Pretty good price to be found over at http://www.motorsports-network.com.

BTW, does anyone know if the Acerbis petcock will work with the IMS tank? The reason I ask is that the KLX300 petcock I got to use with the IMS tank only gives me about 3.5 miles on reserve. I know someone mentioned that I could extend the intake tube, but if I can solve the problem for $13 and not have to modify the KLX300 petcock, I'd jump on that.

Quick Reply: Acerbis Part Order Information