ability to be stolen

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default ability to be stolen

I've had my bike for a couple months now and started to wonder who easy it is for someone to steal the bike. We had someone at my work on another shift got there moped stollen from the air compressor room that was open to outside and it got me worrying about leaving my bike outside during the day. How hard is it to break threw the stearing lock or should I consider a brake lock?

Old 09-21-2007, 07:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: ability to be stolen

steering or brake lock is pointless on a bike that weighs under 300 pounds. If you see your bike walking away, you need to cable lock it to something really heavy. Anyone that wants your bike can easily just throw it in the bed of a pickup, and deal with whatever locking device you have on it at their leisure.Devices that make it unrideablewould stop some people, but if you are really worried, you should lock it to something solid.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:35 PM

+1

In Hawaii it's a huge problem. Crack heads will even dead lift a bike the size of a Harley into the bed of a truck (they're on Ice, so they're superhuman). That being said, leaving it outside a grocery (read=beer) store for five minutes isn't a problem but outside your work everyday, someone might ketch on.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

or you could just sit there waiting and watching.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

or you could just sit there waiting and watching.

DEEJ, I will have to say................YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

deej thats awesome...and sooo true, i had my corvette stolen and recovered the next day, the jackass was found sleeping in it by a hunter in the woods, he called the cops and they arrested him.I pressed charges against him, but the judge released him to custody of his parents. I couldn't beleive it ! I was at WaWa and ran into the cop that arrested him and he told me all this, the f'd up thing was 2 days after he was released he stole a lincoln mark8 and led a high speed chase on the atlantic city expressway and totalled the car...anyway i asked the cop if there is anything i could do like write a letter to the prosecutor or something....He sez yeah or follow me to the station and get a gun card...obviously he was just as disgusted as i was so i grabbed my checkbook and went.