4500 OTD too much???

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 4500 OTD too much???

I slapped $7,100 in my dealers hand and rode away with a brand new 2006 KLX250 and a free 300cc kit.

You guys in the states have it good !!! [&:]

[8D]

Old 11-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

I slapped $7,100 in my dealers hand and rode away with a brand new 2006 KLX250 and a free 300cc kit.

You guys in the states have it good !!! [&:]

[8D]
Yea but what's minimum wage there like $20.00 an hour?

Old 11-01-2007, 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Hardtaco
... When I say 4500 OTD i mean everything, including setup, tax, tags, title.....etc. ...
According to http://www.thestc.com/STrates.stm, the average sales tax rate in NC is6.8%. According to vlodpg's post, the dealer's out-of-pocket cost for a 250 is $4,014.

If $4,500 OTD includes the tax, then that means that the price is really $4,213. Not sure what tags and title run in NC, but let's assume it's $50. So, the sales price of the bike is closer to $4,160. That's a smoking deal -- dealer makes $146 profit for a margin of 3.5%. Sure, there are some others out there that are better, butthat's a great deal.

In CO, there's an excise tax on vehicles when they are registered. If there's such a thing in NC, make sure you budget for it.

Good luck.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.

ORIGINAL: riccun

I paid $3,200- for a used one with a couple hundred miles on it
Interesting, I talked to the guy you[...] he said you paid $3500 and got all the gear. Now, who's telling the truth. [...] he offered it to me for $3200 just for the bike ...
It's prettyclear to me that they're both telling the truth. He offered you the same deal that he apparently gave to riccun: $3,200 for the bike and $300 for the gear. Riccun said that he paid $3,200 for the bike. That's probably true. The seller told you that Riccun paid $3,500 for the bike and gear, which is also probably true. Why in the world can't you just settle down and stop picking fights? Half the time I think you're retarded, the other half of the time I feel like you're a Ph.D. candidate writing his thesis in Sociology and your time here is just one big experiment -- how badly can a person act in a public, yet anonymous, forum before he gets permenantly dismissed? If it's the latter, please send me a copy because it would be a great read.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

............[sm=nono.gif]

Old 11-01-2007, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: 67L48

ORIGINAL: riccun

I paid $3,200- for a used one with a couple hundred miles on it
Interesting, I talked to the guy you[...] he said you paid $3500 and got all the gear. Now, who's telling the truth. [...] he offered it to me for $3200 just for the bike ...
It's prettyclear to me that they're both telling the truth. He offered you the same deal that he apparently gave to riccun: $3,200 for the bike and $300 for the gear. Riccun said that he paid $3,200 for the bike. That's probably true. The seller told you that Riccun paid $3,500 for the bike and gear, which is also probably true. Why in the world can't you just settle down and stop picking fights? Half the time I think you're retarded, the other half of the time I feel like you're a Ph.D. candidate writing his thesis in Sociology and your time here is just one big experiment -- how badly can a person act in a public, yet anonymous, forum before he gets permenantly dismissed? If it's the latter, please send me a copy because it would be a great read.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
chill dude, I think we're slowly seeing who on this here forum needs some Xanax. It was just a question, jeesh. I wasn't accusing him of anything, it was more of a joke, my god!

Old 11-01-2007, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Clown

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
chill dude, I think we're slowly seeing who on this here forum needs some Xanax. It was just a question, jeesh. I wasn't accusing him of anything, it was more of a joke, my god!

Oh man that was so funny I'm going to be slapping me knee for months.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Where'd you get your information on this vlodpg? Next time I buy a bike, I want to have all these figures handy, that's great!

ORIGINAL: vlodpg

This may be of help! I paid $4345.00 +tax & $135.00 for reg

Here is some info on the dealer cost:

2007 KLX 250S
List Price: $4799
Dealer Invoice: $4166
This is the base dealer cost before the freight charge and assembly credit.
Freight Charge: $175
All dealers pay the same standardized freight charge from Kawasaki to their dealership.
Assembly Credit: $-87 - per Kawasaki dealer pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
Ready to sell cost: $4254
This model Kawasaki has 5% (of list price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in April or October for units that are sold within the previous 6 months. Dealers must pay Kawasaki the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 6 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.
Wholesale Incentives: none at this time
Retail Incentives: none at this time
The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.
Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make

Dealer Holdback=$239.95

Old 11-01-2007, 07:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Im pretty sure "invoice" pricing is not that clear cut on bikes. I know it isn't on cars "invoice" price for a car is not necessarily what a car dealer pays for a car--in fact I havve been told by pople that work at dealerships there are really two "invoice" prices. One is real & the public does not know it. The other is what they tell the public & act like its semi-secret so John-Q thinks he got the best deal possible. In fact it just cuts the bleeding at a certain point becuase then the dealer says "look, I cant go any lower, see here is my invoice price, IM LOOSING MONEY". Bull****.

I know not everythign in cars applies to bikes, I'm just saying you think you know, but you don't really know. Hereare a few articles.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/24/pf/a...rice/index.htm
http://www.azcentral.com/business/co...bruhl0122.html

Old 11-01-2007, 08:45 PM

When you buy a Ford thru an employee plan (x,a,z plan), they show you the invoice of the car from FoMoCo. It has each price for each plan on the invoice. This is the real Ford invoice and tells the real story. But also, you can go online and get any invoice cost for any car. On the Ford website if you do a dealer search, it tells you the invoice price right below the msrp. Everyone thinks that dealer's try and screw everyone over which is true in a lot of cases, but if you go in there armed with this information there's not a whole lot they can do about it. You know the bottom dollar they can go, and usually you can go below that because they get holdbacks on each car and will sometimes still make money, if for example, they sell the car for $500 under invoice. I think dealers and everyone who works for one thinks they're so special and have a huge pot of gold in every automobile, that they tell everyone information making it sound like there's this huge conspiracy to rip people off and that there's nothing people can do about it because they'll never beat the dealer. That's crap. I've beat them several times. Most of the money that dealers make is from your trade-in after they sell it. But you've got to be staunch and stand your ground on what you demand from your trade and move on to another dealer if they won't give you what you want. This does not apply to Honda/Toyota dealers where they really do think their product is gold and if you drive a domestic they think you deserve a lashing before even walking into the showroom. You will lose your **** there because they won't offer incentives like GM or Ford even though their product is inferior to the new Fords and their recent recalls are proof in the making. No one has had more recalls than toyota in the last two years. Yet they have this huge rep of being reliable-not! Ok, I'm done. I'm anti-import as you can see. Although my Fusion is built in Mexico, buying it supports an American company. Now, let's see who's a import supporter in automobiles.Oh yeah, flame on if ya want.

Quick Reply: 4500 OTD too much???