4500 OTD too much???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 4500 OTD too much???

It sounds like a good enough deal to me,but what your willing to pay may be different from me.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

Nobody ever mentions it but the situation exists that some people don't have the cash to lay out for an ebay purchase. Usually if an individual has something for sale and it is a good deal cash is the ticket. So those who don't have the cash can't take advantage of some of the oportunities out there. Unfortuneately they are stuck with dealing with a dealer that can offer financing. Some dealers do use ebay and financing is usually available then.
No real point here, its just that for some, that "excellant" deal on ebay is not possible because of financing.
Hope you end up with a KLX.
Good point, I bought mine off ebay. I took a loan from my bank to buy the klx...paid cash and got my klx......it alsoboosted my credit score a little. Not sure why, maybe because the loan was unsecured.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm sure you could find one cheaper with some time, after the 1st snow it might be cheaper yet.
It sounds like a fair deal

Buy the bike and Go RIDE!!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I sold my DR350 a few weeks ago and Im selling my XT225 this weekend, so Im sure this will happen soon. Im located in Durham, NC. When I say 4500 OTD i mean everything, including setup, tax, tags, title.....etc. The reason I am buying new is Im financing the bike through kawasaki. I would love to have the cash outright but Im in my last semester of college at NCSU, so Im kind of broke, and wont have any real money until I start with the Durham police in January. Im thinking Im going to jump on it and try to squeeze a set of handguards out of the deal since this is the 2nd bike Ive bought from the place. The bike is gonna be a daily commuter for me but be built mostly for the dirt, as I plan on running a few hare scrambles here and there with it. Thanks for all the info guys and Ill post some pics up of it as soon as I get it!
Thanks
Joshua W. Walsh

Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

I paid $3,200- for a used one with a couple hundred miles on it here a month ago with warranty 'till March.
The local dealer wouldn't come off $4,800- + fees.
Thanks to all on the site for the good mod imfo.
I'm glad I didn't pay any more than I did because it looks like I'll have about another grand in it by the time I get it set up the way it should be.
Great little bike !

Old 11-01-2007, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

This may be of help! I paid $4345.00 +tax & $135.00 for reg

Here is some info on the dealer cost:

2007 KLX 250S
List Price: $4799
Dealer Invoice: $4166
This is the base dealer cost before the freight charge and assembly credit.
Freight Charge: $175
All dealers pay the same standardized freight charge from Kawasaki to their dealership.
Assembly Credit: $-87 - per Kawasaki dealer pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
Ready to sell cost: $4254
This model Kawasaki has 5% (of list price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in April or October for units that are sold within the previous 6 months. Dealers must pay Kawasaki the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 6 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.
Wholesale Incentives: none at this time
Retail Incentives: none at this time
The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.
Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make

Dealer Holdback=$239.95

Old 11-01-2007, 01:20 AM

$4500. is WAAAAY too much!

Buy mine. I'll make you a deal, it's all set up just like you want, and I'm even in NC!

If you can't get financing locally, I'm sure my banker could get you a loan as long as you don't have something nasty in your credit history...

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_208.../tm.htm#216423

Old 11-01-2007, 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: riccun

I paid $3,200- for a used one with a couple hundred miles on it here a month ago with warranty 'till March.
The local dealer wouldn't come off $4,800- + fees.
Thanks to all on the site for the good mod imfo.
I'm glad I didn't pay any more than I did because it looks like I'll have about another grand in it by the time I get it set up the way it should be.
Great little bike !
Interesting, I talked to the guy you bought your bike off of since I was originally planning on buying it off craigslist and he said you paid $3500 and got all the gear. Now, who's telling the truth. I should've bought that bike when I had the chance. That was a great deal, 198 miles and he offered it to me for $3200 just for the bike but I told him no more than $3000. Was it like new or was it beat up a little? One look would've told me whether it belonged in my possession or not. I held out simply because I thought there may be a new bike but highly doubted it. Once I saw the new bike I was glad I held out but now I'm reconsidering since I hate the rear fender. I wonder if the aftermarket will take care of this ugly fender on the new '09 KLX250S.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Fuel to the fire

Old 11-01-2007, 03:17 AM

hey taco, i got my 07 klx 250 in aberdeen for about $4,600 OTD. this was in march, just to give you an idea. i remember seeing some places wanting about $4,900 OTD (charlotte, fayetteville)

Quick Reply: 4500 OTD too much???