351 testing waters.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the email, I got in contact

Old 03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Alright! Bill sent me a new kit. It was double boxed too. A gasket got damaged when I sent him my package back and he replaced it for me. Bills a good dude. Everyones happy

Im going to start my install (hopefully finish) this Sat with the help of a friend and his shop.

My bike is currently running great with 2 bothers pipe, 128DJ main and 35pilot 3rd clip in CVK34 carb with kouba 2.5 out and no snorkel. No problems starting and normal decel popping.

Im going to start with trying the 132 main i have in the DJ stage 2 jet kit. Does anyone in SoCal or same elevation / climate have similar set up and advice?

Also where is a good source for CVK pilot jets?

Thanks guys.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
1st Gear Member

That jetting change sounds about right... it might be slightly fat, but fat is better than lean.

For jets, most any local dealer.. Kawi preferably, but I believe I've gotten those pilots from a Honda dealer before too.

I'm eager to get mine and get started, but I can't order til later April.

Rob

Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Illking
Alright! Bill sent me a new kit. It was double boxed too. A gasket got damaged when I sent him my package back and he replaced it for me. Bills a good dude.
Also where is a good source for CVK pilot jets?.
Bill is a good dude. I hope he learned that the USPS is not always gentle with the packages it handles.

I got jets from Jets R Us mikuni, keihin, hitachi, holley, jets and carb parts

Dan

Old 03-08-2013, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tremor38
Careful, careful, careful with those Barnett springs. A former member of this board installed them and started finding pieces of them in his oil. Further inspection revealed most of the Barnett springs had failed, or were on the verge.

He replaced them with EBC springs and has had no problem since.
The ebc springs in the clutch kit sacked out in no time, that's why I went with the Barnett springs. No problems with them yet...knock wood.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member

I am fortunate enough to live in the same city as Bill Blue and have been to his shop on several occasions. I can tell you from personal experience he is a stand up guy and puts a lot of time and effort in getting it right. I put a 331 kit in my 300 a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier. As he stated in one of his threads he is not retiring but added to his product offering by including Honda dual sports to his line. I personally inspected his wife's Honda and if it runs as good as it looks with all the upgrades it will challenge Kawasaki as the bike to own.

As far as jetting look at your plug for a nice brown chocolate color. To dark lean it up, to light richen it up. Get your main jets from DJ and get your pilots from Kawasaki. Be extremely careful if you buy pilot jets from elsewhere because even though they look the same subtle changes in the thread pitch will cause you to strip out the threads in the carb. Then you are screwed.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kawboybill
Then you are screwed.
Literally! Your lucky you live so close to BB. Thanks for the tips.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Is the carb that Bill sells required for the 351 kit on a pre-EFI bike?

Advantages / disadvantages....?

Or rejetting will do the same for a pre-EFI bike...?

Old 03-09-2013, 04:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I recall reading that the stock carb can be used & that Bill has recommendations re jetting for his big bore kit.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes stock carb can be rejetted to work.

Many other opt for a pumper carb for more power and better response though such as bill's carb or the TM36-68.

Quick Reply: 351 testing waters.