351 testing waters.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
So you guys fess up to 351cc's on registrations and insurance? Or fly under the radar?
duh, why would anyone do that man?! I pay the government enough hard earned money as is, so no, mine stays a two fiddy

Old 02-22-2013, 05:06 AM
1st Gear Member

So you guys fess up to 351cc's on registrations and insurance? Or fly under the radar?
As far as I'm concerned, the title says its a 250...the stickers say its a 250, she gets the gas mileage of a 250 (debatable). Idles like a 250, sold as a 250. Hell...It's a 250! Just with....a rebuilt top end is all

Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

BB 351 kit came in the mail on friday. It suffered some damage in the hands of USPS. Im a little surprised it wasn't packed with more protection to prevent this.

Attached Thumbnails 351 testing waters.-photo-1.jpg   351 testing waters.-photo-3.jpg   351 testing waters.-photo-4.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Illking
BB 351 kit came in the mail on friday. It suffered some damage in the hands of USPS. Im a little surprised it wasn't packed with more protection to prevent this.
I'd be f*cking pissed

Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Angry

That sucks big time. How did they manage to do that? Was the packaging damaged as well?

Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
1st Gear Member

yep packaging showed damage. Its insured but USPS website says claims are settled in no less than 21 days and up to 120 days. Thats a long time to be out all that cash for the kit. And i wont have the 351 for my 4 day death valley trip planned for end of march.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 PM
1st Gear Member

probably best to go with the 250...i wouldn't want to test something new on a 4 day ride...

Old 02-25-2013, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry this happened, especially since it didn't have to happen.
I pack stuff into boxes all day long, that is just inexcusable. All boxes are subject to damage, the contents should not be.
That was poorly packaged. While it was USPS that hurt the box, Bill Blue needs to take that into account when packing it up. Double box, bubble wrap, box in a box, lots of ways to avoid that.
If I were him, I'd take on the USPS claim process and send you a replacement. The USPS might just say it was "insufficient packaging" and you are SOL. Which would really suck, since you didn't pack it, but paid for it.
This should not be your problem, IMHO.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry this happened, especially since it didn't have to happen.
I pack stuff into boxes all day long, that is just inexcusable. All boxes are subject to damage, the contents should not be.
That was poorly packaged. While it was USPS that hurt the box, Bill Blue needs to take that into account when packing it up. Double box, bubble wrap, box in a box, lots of ways to avoid that.
If I were him, I'd take on the USPS claim process and send you a replacement. The USPS might just say it was "insufficient packaging" and you are SOL. Which would really suck, since you didn't pack it, but paid for it.
This should not be your problem, IMHO.
Thats exactly how I feel. The box was damaged by the post office but only a sheet of packing paper stood between the cylander and the box for protection on that corner. I did speak with Bill and he suggested I either file if down myself, send it back to him to file down or deal with USPS myself and deal with the delay and losses in the mean time. I think all options are pretty unfavorable to me. Even if I file down the mating surface theres still a chunk to the outside. Im going to try him again and hopefully we can work something out. I didn't want to mention any of this until it was all figured out. I hate forum drama, but you really nailed it on the head for me as far as how im feeling now. 527 bucks plus core charge is a lot of money and to have to fix the product you paid for or wait a month for a hopefull replacement dosent seem fair.

Attached Thumbnails 351 testing waters.-photo-2.jpg  
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Only a sheet of packing paper!!!! Now, I'm mad!!! Bubble wrap is cheap insurance against stuff like that. Nothing is 100% but there's a long way from putting it in a box and packing it in a box. That should not have moved inside the box or gotten damaged, if it was packed correctly.
Make him deal with the USPS, he was the shipper! And he packaged it insufficiently, it's on him. You will get screwed on both ends, don't let that happen.
Good luck! And if you were me, I'd tell you to stay calm and don't take no for an answer.

Quick Reply: 351 testing waters.