Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Seal level,,,,
i didn't see it until you copied it.
Funny how that works huh,,, lol

Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Last week, I took out the 17.5 pilot jet and put the 15 back in. Now at 2 1/4 give or take. I also put in the 135 main. sputtering at 9,000 still. Can't hit the rev limiter.

Today I pulled the cover off the air cleaner and I can hit the rev limiter in the first 4 gears. Not enough time or space to try 5th and 6th, but it pulls stronger with the lid totally off. Its too stinkin loud though, so I need to find a way to let it breathe quietly. Now I can go back and try the 125 and 130 main again.

I am really close to right on. Going about 45 to 55 mph and. backing off on the throttle makes the bike feel like its trying to speed up a little. I may be able to pick the needle up one notch.

This thing really scoots. Response is almost too much. Monday I turned a corner and hit the gas. Rear tire spun right out from under me. It was a brand new tire with less than 2 blocks on it. Got me! Just like some one pulled a rug out from under me. The bike slid on the front and rear brake levers. Paint scratched on the right number plate. Driver banged his knee and is thankful for good gear. New front brake lever is $17.00 ordered.

No sand, salt or ice any where around.

Hot starts are getting better, I went 1/4 turn richer today. Idle is more stable now.

So its
15 Pilot
1.0 air jet
Stock P8 needle jet
Stock needle Clip is one down from the top how it came stock
Right now 135 main jet NO cover on air box.

Tons of torque. It went from weed whacker to thumper.

David

Old 03-05-2011, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

new tires are scary.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice read people, I just brought my 09 home friday with the BB carb and the 351 kit. Seeing I'm just getting over a broken ankle I couldn't get my boots on so rode it a bit with my slip-ons. I ran the BB carb on the 250 FMF power bomb and Q~4. The 351 kit sure seems worth the money as I can even get the front tire more than six inches off the ground now. I will post a ride report when I get back on the road. If any one wants I could post a picture of the BB carb on and off the bike. Again good read, thanks.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

please post pics. I'd like to see 'em.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member

As it came fro BB

Carb on had to move the wires over to the frame.

Here is what it looked like today before the first 351CC ride.

Only way to see what has been done to it. It is way more fun now. Will have to see how it works on the goat trails when the snow melts.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by David R
Monday I turned a corner and hit the gas. Rear tire spun right out from under me. It was a brand new tire with less than 2 blocks on it.
**FIRST** thing I do when I put new meats on, is I go in my backyard and tear the crap out of the dirt to wipe all the oils off of the new rubber. Do a couple hole shots, and some hard braking on the front wheel. THEN the new tire is ready.

Don't just hop on the tarmac with a new tire!

Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, the new tire is on and may come off if it pulls that crap again. It WAS MY FAULT. Not used to the new carb, cold out, New tire, a pile of things against me. Mostly a loose nut behind the wheel.

The bike has been running great or better with the last setup.

135 main
Stock needle in stock setting
Stock P8 needle jet
15 pilot
NO air cleaner lid.

Today I Put the 125 main jet in and went for a ride. I could still hit the rev limiter in gears 1-4 but not as easy.

I then put the lid with KDX snorkel in and went for another ride with passenger. I could hit the rev limiter in gears 1-4. Not quite as spirited as with the 135 main and NO lid, but close. Much quieter. I am so close in the jetting that its just a matter of preference. I am going to try raising the needle one notch.

I consider the whole thing a big success. Bike runs great. Can't get enough riding in to report on fuel mileage yet. Its still cold out and was raining today.

I did change the main jet with out pulling the carb, I just turned it a little and changed the jet. I have fat fingers, so I dropped the jet under the starter a few times and its not magnetic.

Micunni makes a remote choke. I am thinking about it because Mine is a little too much choke at full. Half choke is kind of hard to do unless I have a remote choke cable and lever.

Here is a pic of the tire. No chicken strips on this side... Its a batleaxe 045 dual compound. I had 30 psi and I usually run 25 psi. It was cold out and I had gone a total of 3 blocks. I did crank the throttle not thinking at all about the new tire.

David
One happy camper!

Last edited by David R; 03-17-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by David R
I dropped the jet under the starter a few times and its not magnetic.
Uh...... Haven't you ever heard of brass magnets?
Most hardware stores have them, if you don't see them out, just ask.

I'm sure David is too old for that one, but what the heck.
Dan

Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Brass magnets...right next to the muffler bearings and propwash at your favorite auto supply.

Quick Reply: 351 plus TM36-68 Eee Hhaa!